By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

Apple stock ended flat for the day so no big change there and so far it's flat after hours...( the dip after the Ipad3 announcement resolved itself before the end of the market...)

And Bank of America made me proud by regaining all its losses from the last 2 days and getting me already in the green ! ( +4.02% today).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:

Apple stock ended flat for the day so no big change there and so far it's flat after hours...( the dip after the Ipad3 announcement resolved itself before the end of the market...)

And Bank of America made me proud by regaining all its losses from the last 2 days and getting me already in the green ! ( +4.02% today).

Good win on BoA!

No achievements for losing money strangely :( But at least I'm learning a lot.
From now on I'll try to use trailing stops rather than emotion/guesswork.

Btw BofA is still pretty low. Especially if it manages to stay profitable over the next 2 quarters. It looks like it should head back to at least 10 maybe 12 range over the rest of the year.
On the other hand they're are a lot of consumer complaints mounting against the bank and there seems to be some tensions with their Merrill Lynch subsidiary. A lot of brokers are discontent being under Bofa. Also the stock has already risen 45% percent for the year so it's hard to see it sustaining that rate. I really can't see it going much above 14$ for a long time. Maybe 5 years or more?

aori said:
No achievements for losing money strangely :( But at least I'm learning a lot.
From now on I'll try to use trailing stops rather than emotion/guesswork.

Btw BofA is still pretty low. Especially if it manages to stay profitable over the next 2 quarters. It looks like it should head back to at least 10 maybe 12 range over the rest of the year.
On the other hand they're are a lot of consumer complaints mounting against the bank and there seems to be some tensions with their Merrill Lynch subsidiary. A lot of brokers are discontent being under Bofa. Also the stock has already risen 45% percent for the year so it's hard to see it sustaining that rate. I really can't see it going much above 14$ for a long time. Maybe 5 years or more?

well at least on the side of customer complains, the other banks are trying very hard to do as bad as Bank of America so it's probably a wash there ;)

And 10 by the end of the year would actually be really great. That would be 25% up from now and I doubt the market as a whole is going to do much for the reminder of the year, seeing how we are in an election year.. Heck I would take 9$...

Looks like Apple is shrugging off the Ipad3 news.
Apple is my second biggest gainer of the day so far after Sprint..

Around the Network
Ail said:
Looks like Apple is shrugging off the Ipad3 news.
Apple is my second biggest gainer of the day so far after Sprint..

It's really robust. I don't regret selling mine because I saw the risk, but it looks like Apple stock is more robust than I thought.

Sprint and EA are popping, and Apple is right behind ;)
Going to be be a day for me ( if Google didn't stay flat it could have been a very good day..).

Funny thing is my Apple gains almost represents half of my gains for the day.. 

Meh I expected apple to keep dropping. I have no idea why it's going back up. I know analysts have understated apple's new products for the last 3 or 4 product launches, and probably don't want to be wrong again.
But I think the 1000$ target is ridiculous. Even 700 would be hard to believe. I think 600 is probably fair. But then again my ladder is riding on them so I should be glad I guess.

And EA just spiked 5% in like an hour, lol. I thought something was wrong with investopedia portfolio. It's been flat for the whole week, now a sudden spike. Didn't follow GDC but they must have done something right there.
Anyone know what?

Also kuliern seems pretty good at league. I've been stumbling around, making a ton of risky trades. Getting lucky here and there and really unlucky in other places. (Lost 1700$ on google over the last 2 days as an example.)
But kuliern has only made 4 trades and made a great deal off of those 4.

Btw I've paid over $800 dollar in commissions in ladder so far...
I think I need to find a cheaper broker :P

( Don't change the settings though. Doesn't seem right at this point)

aori said:
Meh I expected apple to keep dropping. I have no idea why it's going back up. I know analysts have understated apple's new products for the last 3 or 4 product launches, and probably don't want to be wrong again.
But I think the 1000$ target is ridiculous. Even 700 would be hard to believe. I think 600 is probably fair. But then again my ladder is riding on them so I should be glad I guess.

And EA just spiked 5% in like an hour, lol. I thought something was wrong with investopedia portfolio. It's been flat for the whole week, now a sudden spike. Didn't follow GDC but they must have done something right there.
Anyone know what?

Also kuliern seems pretty good at league. I've been stumbling around, making a ton of risky trades. Getting lucky here and there and really unlucky in other places. (Lost 1700$ on google over the last 2 days as an example.)

Yeah 1000$ is ridiculous.

600 by the end of the year seems right to me though. With the expectation that the stock will not move much after that in 2013..

aori said:

Anyone know what?

Haha, italics is funny :D. I'm glad you're following the numbers so closely!

kuliern is doing amazing, I don't know who he is though, but he must be from VGChartz because he's actually following the rules to invest 3000$ max and only on the agreed upon companies. He's impressive. And I don't know who Falco08 is either, but he's there. Baalz hasn't touched his stocks haha :) At least he should hopefully be still in the green for his Nintendo investment.

800$ in commission!! oO That's insane, your style is so different from mine in the ladder. But seeing as you're going kuliern style, long run if you learn how to do it you might just become better than us, which would be great! :)