By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I really hope they don't make the zelda movie... have you seen the trailer

anyone who thinks that is real hasn't been to a movie in the past two decades. That is so corny it couldn't possibly be real. The cheap costumes, the power ranger like special effects, the backyard looking locals. Seriously, Link looks like cosplay at a convention, Gannon too. The few fight scenes look nothing like hollywood, and are poorly choreographed, the computer effects aren't even up to par with TV shows like Heros. Those aren't hollywood production values. That is some Zelda fan who's in college for directing, with some buddies that can do some general computer effects. While it's fantastic for fanmade, it's no where close to hollywood.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

For cripes sake, they have triforces drawn on their hands with sharpies!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

highwaystar101 said:
what zero budget, I make zero budget films everyday, I'm working on two right now. My films don't have trained weapon/combat stuntmen, full costumes, 10 locations and arial cameras.
Mine are all one location and 2 or 3 bad actors wearing costumes I made

well a couple of friend of my from high school made movies of this quality with zero budget.  it was their hobby and they loved doing it. 

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

They should make a real Zelda movie, it could be really epic.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I'm not even going to argue any more

Overall it's a nice FAN trailer nothing more. How anyone would mistake this as a real production is beyond me.

Its a fan trailer.  It may even become a fan made movie.  There are fan made movies that have decent no-name sponsors.  Have you seen the "Return of the Ghostbusters"?  

See it here.

That movie is entirely fan made but pretty decent.  Almost everything in that Trailer can be done with the same type support as this Ghostbusters movie, yet it is still a fan made production.  It doesn't take much to get something done, if you have people with the right talents, the right drive, and enough time on their hands.

Rofl, I've seen this before I think, It is clearly fan-made [or possibly a zelda fan also does low-budget pron, and decided to make this too] but damned excellent fan-made.... Hell it's much better than the old adverts for Zelda with all the dancing.

highwaystar101 said:
what zero budget, I make zero budget films everyday, I'm working on two right now. My films don't have trained weapon/combat stuntmen, full costumes, 10 locations and arial cameras.
Mine are all one location and 2 or 3 bad actors wearing costumes I made

I'm very concerned by the fact that someone who evidently has some training in this sort of thing is mistaking what is clearly the work of a group of cosplayers for a real production.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck