By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Post your first impressions of PS Vita here

d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:
I don't know anyone who plays with the 3D, in fact I've heard more people say "I don't like the 3D so I'm not going to get it" than "Vita is too expensive, I am not going to get that."  

It's just a DSi, function wise.  its primary selling point is a deterrent.  

The Vita is just a PSP, function wise.  Its primary selling point is a deterrent.  Seriously, how can you say the  things you say, some times?

It's a shame I'm apparently not allowed to call people trolls...didn't know that was against the rules.  Anyway, can I just say that what you just said is either aggressively unintelligent or a flat out provocative lie to get a response from me?  

Let me compare the difference in functionality between DS and 3DS vs PSP and PSV

DS-3DS functionality change: 

Disc Slider
3D graphics 

PSP-PSV functionality change

touch screen
back touch screen
Second analog
Camera
Motion sensor
PS3/PSV cross system play
Digital download any game for discount
3G (for some models)

Both have new Operating systems and more powerful hardware, so I'm not bothering with that; they also both have bigger, better screens. So that's 2 functional upgrades vs 8 functional upgrades...and assuming I'm GENEROUS and combine the touch screens and eliminate software options like the cross system play and digital downloads, that's still a 5-2 win for Vita. It's a much better leap forward in technology.  the 3DS is just on par with the PSP in my books (which is still a good thing since I loved the PSP), but to make a brazen, silly claim like "the PSV is just a PSP" is just...well, it's not smart.  Seriously.  Double facepalm indeed. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:
I don't know anyone who plays with the 3D, in fact I've heard more people say "I don't like the 3D so I'm not going to get it" than "Vita is too expensive, I am not going to get that."  

The Vita is just a PSP, function wise.  Its primary selling point is a deterrent.  Seriously, how can you say the  things you say, some times?

It's a shame I'm apparently not allowed to call people trolls...didn't know that was against the rules.  Anyway, can I just say that what you just said is either aggressively unintelligent or a flat out provocative lie to get a response from me?  

Let me compare the difference in functionality between DS and 3DS vs PSP and PSV

Disc Slider
3D graphics 

touch screen
back touch screen
Second analog
Camera
Motion sensor
3G (for some models)

Both have new Operating systems and more powerful hardware, so I'm not bothering with that; they also both have bigger, better screens. So that's 2 functional upgrades vs 8 functional upgrades...and assuming I'm GENEROUS and combine the touch screens and eliminate software options like the cross system play and digital downloads, that's still a 5-2 win for Vita. It's a much better leap forward in technology.  the 3DS is just on par with the PSP in my books (which is still a good thing since I loved the PSP), but to make a brazen, silly claim like "the PSV is just a PSP" is just...well, it's not smart.  Seriously.  Double facepalm indeed. 

You're forgetting about the motion sensor on the 3DS, the IR port(which is used for Skylanders and the Circle Pad Pro), and the pedometer(for Play Coins(used in a vareity of games), walking with your Nintendog, and a little effect in Sakura Samurai). I could add the extra camera on the rear, but that lies within 3D.  Also, the wireless switch(which is quite useful).

Not every game is discounted on the PSN store(like Army Crops of Hell and Ben 10).

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

I walked up to it, saw what it was and then I turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Edit: For lulz.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I walked up to it, picked it up and then I turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Hm so you liked it so much you didn't even put it back down!

Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:

Disc Slider
3D graphics 

touch screen
back touch screen
Second analog
Camera
Motion sensor
3G (for some models)

3DS got an analog slider (two if you count the circle pad pro), spot pass/street pass, Netflix, AR Games, Motion controls, 3D graphics, video recording, a pedometer, and a bunch of minor tweaks (message/notification sytem, activity log, nintendo zone, Nintendo video).

Look guy, you can call me a troll or whatever you like.  You have my permission.  YOUR response was close minded and provoked the response.  Don't think you can just make bullshit remarks and not get called out.  You carry the name "writer" under your avatar.  To a degree, you represent the staff on this site.  I've watched you for a while, Runa and..... I'll just stop there.

Do some research, writer.

*for the record, my 3G PSVita sits side by side with my 3DS.  If you say it, be ready to back it up*

Around the Network

I'm lovin' it.

AdventWolf said:
Squilliam said:
I walked up to it, picked it up and then I turned 360 degrees and walked away.

Hm so you liked it so much you didn't even put it back down!

It's an old joke about someone doing the same to the Xbox 360.

Tease.

d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:

Disc Slider
3D graphics 

touch screen
back touch screen
Second analog
Camera
Motion sensor
3G (for some models)

3DS got an analog slider (two if you count the circle pad pro), spot pass/street pass, Netflix, AR Games, Motion controls, 3D graphics, a pedometer, and a bunch of minor tweaks (message/notification sytem, activity log, nintendo zone, Nintendo video).

Look guy, you can call me a troll or whatever you like.  You have my permission.  YOUR response was close minded and provoked the response.  Don't think you can just make bullshit remarks and not get called out.  You carry the name "writer" under your avatar.  To a degree, you represent the staff on this site.  I've watched you for a while, Runa and..... I'll just stop there.

*for the record, my 3G PSVita sits side by side with my 3DS.  If you say it, be ready to back it up*

I agree with you.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:
d21lewis said:
Runa216 said:

Disc Slider
3D graphics 

touch screen
back touch screen
Second analog
Camera
Motion sensor
3G (for some models)

3DS got an analog slider (two if you count the circle pad pro), spot pass/street pass, Netflix, AR Games, Motion controls, 3D graphics, video recording, a pedometer, and a bunch of minor tweaks (message/notification sytem, activity log, nintendo zone, Nintendo video).

Come on peeps just post your honest impressions of the psvita. I already did mines.

Why are yall derailing the thread? Why does it have to come to flame wars? Can't we all just get along?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

d21lewis said:

1 - I mentioned the analog slider, and the second one does not count since it was a post-release addition. 
2 - Netflix isn't hardware, and every console has that now.  
3 - AR games is software. Does not count
4 - I forgot about motion controls, I'll give you that.
5 - all that junk is software, not hardware.  in that case, PSVita has near, maps, welcome park, its own set of AR games, etc

The only thing I missed was the motion control, I accept my fumble there, the rest is just you and mr pokemon brawl trying your best to make the 3DS sound better than it is.  What you fail to understand is that I actually really, really like the 3DS, but as a piece of hardware it's inferior to the Vita. I fully plan to support both handhelds for the years to come, but the Vita is a much more impressive handheld.  Time and software will tell quality in the long run, but Vita had a hell of a better launch, and is by far the superior hardware. 

Have I said 'hardware' enough to make it clear what I'm discussing here?  (hint: it's hardware, not software.)  

We can discuss, debate, and argue until we're blue in the face about software (which could be fun since both systems have awesome games and there's great arguments on both sides of the spectrum), but that's not what this is about.  this is a thread about Vita, impressions, and opinions. Vita is more impressive and a bigger leap in technology than the 3DS was.  (although both suffer from 'more of the same' syndrome in the eyes of the public at large, sadly.)  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android