By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yoda and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur 4

sieanr said:
naznatips said:
stof said:
naznatips said:
Haha very entertaining Bod.

Personally, I'm tired of seeing Star Wars bastardized like this, and I really don't care for this development.

On the scale of Starwars bastardization, where 1 is the Rogue Squadron books (awesome) and 10 is Jar Jar slippers, this rates a 4. Which is pretty good when you consider that the prequel movies themselves rate an 8.

Though it doesn't convert me to a SC fan (wouldn't know, never played), it's still pretty awesome.

For me this is more like a 7. Which translates to "Shit, we can't make anymore movies. Quick, shove them in every game under the sun."

And sieanr at least SSBB's purpose is to get a bunch of completely different characters together. This is Soul Calibur... and Star Wars characters don't fit in at all.

I agree. SSB is all about video game characters from different franchises, SC isnt. It just seems like a gimmick putting star wars characters in, like how link was a gimmick in GC SC2.

I don't know if you were trying to be sarcastic, but I actually agree.  I thought Link was a gimmick in SC2 for GC, and he didn't fit the style at all.  It always bothered me. 

Around the Network

Oh, and although Link was dumb in SC2, he was a hell of a lot better than Spawn and that jackass from Tekken who I never remember the name of. At least he had a damn Sword. It looks like Soul Calibur as a series will continue the steady decline it has experienced. Soul Calibur > Soul Calibur 2 > Soul Calibur 3.

Nice, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Nice to see Japanese developers incorporating American elements in their games. Considering Star Wars is a huge series here in America.

BrainBoxLtd said:
stof said:

On the scale of Starwars bastardization, where 1 is the Rogue Squadron books (awesome) and 10 is Jar Jar slippers, this rates a 4. Which is pretty good when you consider that the prequel movies themselves rate an 8.

Dare I ask where the Wookiee Life Day Special ranks?

11, the animated story saves it from 9001.

And I totally agree with Naz on the decline of Soul Calibur.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Im not a big SW fan..but..i gotta say thats cool...might have to pick this up now...

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

Awesome. If only we could play a wookie that pulls off his opponents arms when he loses...

Link at least had a freaking sword which fits with the weapon based combat in Soul Calibur. Plus he was at least fantasy-ish style (not sci-fi) which could potentially fit in.

Having characters from a galaxy far far away? Uh, no, this is a stupid gimmick. (disclaimer: not a big SC fan anyway)

Okay, now I want a PS3 or 360. Still won't until the price drops more, but that's pretty damn sweet.

Source: http://kotaku.com/343067/ps3-xbox-360-get-exclusive-star-wars-soulcalibur-iv-characters

Apparently each of the characters is exclusive to a specific console. PS3 get Darth Vader, Xbox 360 get Yoda.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Gimmick or not, if the game is even remotely decent, I'll buy it.

And I haven't bought a fighter since SC on the DC. Almost a decade.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/