By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yoda and Darth Vader in Soul Calibur 4

Smash_Brother said:

All of those make actual sense on some level or another, or at least drastically more sense than STAR WARS characters in Soul Caliber.

Seriously, Shaq Fu made sense on any level?

I beat it and I still refuse to accept the fact it exsists. =/ 

Around the Network
BrainBoxLtd said:

Seriously, Shaq Fu made sense on any level?

Of course not, but it was a cheap and shoddy cash-in from the very start, unlike Soul Caliber which is (was) easily one of the most respected fighting games in the genre.

And Shaq-Fu wasn't a crossover, it was just a cash-in. If it was "Double Shaq" or "Shaq Dudes" or "The Legend of Shaq: Shaq's Awakening", then sure, but as it stood, it was just a generic fighting game with a celebrity tossed into it.

Which, tragically, makes more sense than a known and respected fighting game with Stars Wars characters tossed into it.

You typically don't start the crossover bullshit until your sales are in the toilet already and you have nothing to lose. Since SC3 didn't break a million, I'm guessing Namco realizes that people are getting bored with the franchise and they need to delay the inevitable to milk more money out of it.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks