By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

1st-D. Ricciardo
2nd-L. Hamilton
3rd-F. Alonso
DNF-P. Maldonado

Around the Network

That was an interesting Qualifying session, because of all the sliding. I mean, even Hamilton's winning lap had two dangerous oversteer moments. I did not see last year's qualifying session, which was more wet, but the commentators said that there wasn't as much sliding.

Plus, it does seem that driver skill is much more in the play. For example, everyone was carefully avoiding the vibrators on corner exits (very slipery whe wet), except Ricciardo, or so it seemed.

I don't know what to expect from the race, but I think there are two possibilities: Either they will run a fuel management race from the start, and then the results from qualifying will not mean much, or they will not need to and then it will be pretty much F1 as before, but with many engine failures and more overtaking.

kart007k said:

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Vettel

DNF - Both Lotus drivers

choose a driver for dnf 

Australia Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel Iron Ktay
 1st Hamilton Rosberg
Alonso Hamilton

Hamilton Rosberg Ricciardo
 2nd Rosberg Alonso
Hamilton Massa

Rosberg Hamilton Hamilton
 3rd Alonso Button
Rosberg Rosberg

Magnussen Perez Alonso
 Retiree Grosjean Maldonado

Grosjean

Maldonado Vettel Maldonado
 Score                

just watched replay,well done ricciardo,good job and magnusson was hoping the williams would be better,should be a merc race then if it all goes smoothly for them but anyone can get on the podium by the looks of things

Above & Beyond

WICK,if you are around let us know what you thought of the new cars and sound of them seeing as you are actually there at melbounre race

is that a swanky neighbourhood to live near the track/park where all those houses are when you get a helicopter view,looks nice

Above & Beyond

Well after that very interesting qualifying I shall predict:

1) Hamilton
2) Rosberg
3) Magnussen
DNF Ericsson (something other than Lotus)

Qualifying has pretty much demonstrated how vulnerable Lotus are, it'll be a miracle if they even get through the whole distance. If we see dry conditions then the Red Bull and Toro Rosso cars will probably go backwards. Mercedes will likely maintain a lead and McLaren will benefit the most.
Strange that Ricciardo has held the upper-hand so far. Have both drivers gone with slightly different set ups? On one occasion Vettel took the correct line around turn 1 and could barely handle the car so there is certainly driveability issues for Vettel.

Around the Network

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Rosberg
Retiree: Kobayashi

Hmm, I'm going to alter my prediction:

1. Hamilton
2. Rosenberg
3. Magnusson

DNF: Remains Grosjean, Moreso now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

That was pretty humiliating for Vettel. He doesn't even get into Q1 and his rookie team mate takes 2nd.

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Ricciardo

EDIT:

New DNF - Maldonado

Also, I've got tickets to the Spanish Grand Prix!

brendude13 said:
Also, I've got tickets to the Spanish Grand Prix!

Omg. I'm jealous