By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Conegamer said:
Xevross said:

Red Bull boss Christian Horner predicts Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes could win Sunday's Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne by as much as two laps as a result of the new regulations, reports the Daily Mail.

"Looking at Mercedes' race simulation, it wouldn't be a surprise if they finished two laps ahead of everyone in Melbourne," said Horner.

"They have a massive advantage. What we know about Lewis is that he is extremely talented and naturally fast. And he's in a good team, so he's probably got to be the favourite going into the season."

Very interesting. Hamilton Rosberg 1 2 then barring any reliability issues. Don't have a clue on third place so I'm gonna say Kimi cause why not XD

2 laps? Somehow I'm not buying that.

Still, imagine if they are and there's a safety car, so we have to wait for even the next people to unlap themselves :P

Haha yeah that wuld ssuck, in fact we'd have to wait for them to unlap twice. I don't really buy the two lap gap either but I think Mercedes have a big advantage right now.

Around the Network
Xevross said:

Red Bull boss Christian Horner predicts Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes could win Sunday's Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne by as much as two laps as a result of the new regulations, reports the Daily Mail.

"Looking at Mercedes' race simulation, it wouldn't be a surprise if they finished two laps ahead of everyone in Melbourne," said Horner.

"They have a massive advantage. What we know about Lewis is that he is extremely talented and naturally fast. And he's in a good team, so he's probably got to be the favourite going into the season."

Very interesting. Hamilton Rosberg 1 2 then barring any reliability issues. Don't have a clue on third place so I'm gonna say Kimi cause why not XD

So there's a chance Mercedes will be the new Red Bull and Hamilton the new Vettel...mess, I always like when there's close competition, not when one team and 1 or 2 drivers are dominating the rest.

AshKetchum1992 said:
Xevross said:

So there's a chance Mercedes will be the new Red Bull and Hamilton the new Vettel...mess, I always like when there's close competition, not when one team and 1 or 2 drivers are dominating the rest.

Yeah I agree and as much as I am a Hamilton fan I really don't want this to happen. I would rather Hamilton win after having fought hard for it, that'd be much more exciting.

^^^ I don't think so, since regulations merely say backmarkers should unlap themselves only not to be ahead of the race leader behind the SC itself.

Also, OT, Roberto Dalla, CEO of Magneti Marelli of F1's electronic components, speculated no car might finish the race. Just imagine the insanity of that for a second: DNF - everyone.

I would 'lol' for sure.

Australia Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel Iron
 1st

Hamilton

Hamilton Rosberg
 2nd  

Massa

Rosberg Hamilton
 3rd  

Rosberg

Button Perez
 Retiree

Grosjean

Maldonado Vettel
 Score                

so we have the mecs walking it and/or no one finishing that would be funny everyone dnf the Caterhams & Marussias might take the race for chugging round

better get both mercs in my gridbids pick if they are so much better thaan everyone else,another link incase anyone wants to join us 4 on gridbids,i will only give one more reminder on thursday as you have to predict by first practice on gridbids  http://gridbids.com/index.php  ,it is good not to miss a race on gridbids so join now if you fancy it,let us know in here and we can get wick to put you in the vgc group

as to our game if you are new and want to play just put your picks down like the others have

1. Blah

2.Blah

3.Blah

DNF.Blah

you have up until the race starts usually so plenty of time and if you miss the first few races you can still join as there are plenty of points to play for

They decided to just keep double points for the last race then i read,bernie wanted to for the last 3 races which seems kind of strange,don't really understand the point of  the double points system myself seems stupid to me

with red bull and vettel winning the last 4 or whatever they have all this chaos isn't so bad though i guess

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Xevross said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Yeah I agree and as much as I am a Hamilton fan I really don't want this to happen. I would rather Hamilton win after having fought hard for it, that'd be much more exciting.

I was about to say the exact same thing.

Anyway, Vettel dominance seems to have ended, fun times ahead.

http://www.f1manager.info/

Interesting browser manager game, take a look. Starts on Saturday, so don't hesitate.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

here we go then,1st chance to get a look at these new cars

Above & Beyond

Good debut for Kvyat, decent time, decent mileage, decent race pace, decent car, if it's stays that way, who knows, maybe even podium is possible, since fail rate is sky high and TR is quite stable.

Marussia is one of the best looking car in the peloton.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

So, what I got from today's FP sessions:

• Better reliability for most than expected
  • Mercs are fast
  • Red Bull definitely improved since Jerez and Bahrain in pace and reliability
  • Some of the fronts/noses look bloody horrendous
  • Engine noise doesn't fit well with the cars, it's just plain weird
  • Lotus/Grosjean are going to have an uphill battle, wonder if Romain can keep his cool