By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

justinian said:
DyspraxicGamer said:
who do people think will replace Webber at Red Bull then? will they go for another top driver or will they give one of the young Toro Rosso guys a chance as Vettel's #2?

hoping the Brits can do well this weekend but that looks unlikely atm, if not them then wouldn't mind Webber winning instead.

Apparently - according to Horner, there are only three drivers in the reckoning. Kimi and the two Torro Rosso drivers Verne and Ricciardo.

Vettel is signed up until 2015 and with three WDCs should be more than experienced enough to develope the car. I think they would get one of the ToRo drivers as it would be a lot cheaper and less grief for their golden boy.

British GP Selection:

1) Alonso
2) Hamilton
3) Vettel
DNF: Massa

Raikonen would beat Vettel in the same car I reckon, though how long term an option he would be am not sure; he's 33 already so at most he is around for another 5 years if that? I guess it's an easy way to defer finding a younger driver to bring in though.

depends whether Red Bull want to focus on the constructors or drivers championships, having an outright no.2 is great if you want to win WDC's but tends to make winning the WCC much more difficult especially if it's a competetive season, it's okay if you have someone with a lot of experience like Webber who kind of almost competes for the title but not quite, but a relatively inexperienced driver not so much, Lotus are suffering big time again this year in the constructors because Grosjean isn't good enough for instance, whereas Mercedes are doing quite well cause they have two good drivers in the team.

Hamilton will struggle I fear this weekend, he's not happy with the car and the Mercedes race pace still isn't there on the Pirelli tyres, I imagine it's between the Red Bulls and whichever one of Alonso or Kimi has better tyre wear in the race.

Around the Network
Britain Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel
 1st Vettel Webber
Alonso

2nd Hamilton Button
Hamilton

3rd Alonso Rosberg
Vettel

Retiree Button Hamilton
Massa

Score                  

hurrah,i can leech of a Bt hub for a bit,thank the lord although intermittent anyway i can remind people now,better weather today and should be sunny 2moro which is good

perez tyre blow out

Above & Beyond

1st Hamilton
2nd Vettel
3rd Webber
DNF Button

Fantastic lap from Hamilton, but I'm not sure where to put him in my prediction. :/

1 - Hamilton
2 - Webber
3 - Rosberg

DNF - Maldonado

DyspraxicGamer said:

Raikonen would beat Vettel in the same car I reckon, though how long term an option he would be am not sure; he's 33 already so at most he is around for another 5 years if that? I guess it's an easy way to defer finding a younger driver to bring in though.

depends whether Red Bull want to focus on the constructors or drivers championships, having an outright no.2 is great if you want to win WDC's but tends to make winning the WCC much more difficult especially if it's a competetive season, it's okay if you have someone with a lot of experience like Webber who kind of almost competes for the title but not quite, but a relatively inexperienced driver not so much, Lotus are suffering big time again this year in the constructors because Grosjean isn't good enough for instance, whereas Mercedes are doing quite well cause they have two good drivers in the team.

Hamilton will struggle I fear this weekend, he's not happy with the car and the Mercedes race pace still isn't there on the Pirelli tyres, I imagine it's between the Red Bulls and whichever one of Alonso or Kimi has better tyre wear in the race.

You are quite right about the WDC and WCC. When you look at the top four teams there is a clear superiority difference between the drivers. At the end of the season Alonso is way ahead of Massa, Kimi is way ahead of Grosjean and Vettel miles ahead of Webber on points. There is basically little competition from their team mates.

I like Webber and always want him to do well but the records don't lie. History will show him in the same car as a triple world champion and yet finishing third (twice) and sixth.

I see it the same as you do with Mercedes. They are the only front running team with two drivers capable of fighting for the WDC if they were in a position to compete for it.

Unless those extra 1000km of testing by Mercedes pay some dividends I can see them struggling during the race as well. That lap by Lewis in qualifying was awesome but with only one win from five poles I expect them to go backwards.

Kimi seems to be a bit lukewarm right now and Alonso had a bad qualifying but has proved many times he is very strong in the race.

Should be a good race.

Around the Network
Britain Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel
 1st Vettel Webber Hamilton Alonso

Hamilton Hamilton
 2nd Hamilton Button Webber Hamilton

Vettel Vettel
 3rd webber Rosberg Rosberg Vettel

Webber Rosberg
 Retiree Gutierrez Hamilton Maldondo Massa

Button Perez
 Score                  

great job form hamilton but i'm still going for vettel overall right now,di resta disaqualified then for underweight,should be good with  a nice dry race for a change if they can be believed

Above & Beyond

Oh man.....the agony of deciding whether or not to put faith in Mercedes again. Those guys are killing me. I really really want Hamilton to win this, because it's his home race, and it would just be fantastic if that was his first Merc win.

So.......here we go again:

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Rosberg

DNF: Perez

jolly good,i was just about to remind you,yes hamilton has a great chance and i think the mercs have sorted their tyres really haven't they

Above & Beyond

Alright, let's try:

1. Webber
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel

DNF: Di Resta

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@Zuv

Sorry to give you more work but I really can't see Alonso coming from ninth to win so will update selection to:

1) Vettel
2) Hamilton
3) Webber

DNF: Massa

Cheers