By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Alonso and Raikonnen seem to think Mercedes will be able to win in Monaco due to strong qualifying and "difficult overtaking" there, but realistically, can they hold off everyone from getting by? Surely someone should be able to manage somewhere.

Should be an exciting race though, let's see if there's some first corner bashing again. :D

Monaco Zuv  Proc  Bren Just Cone Hax Jonop Rain Angel
 1st
Webber Raikkonen

Alonso
 2nd
Rosberg Alonso

Webber
 3rd
Alonso Webber

Rosberg
 Retiree
Vettel Maldonado

Grosjean
 Score                  

Pirelli have said they might make some changes to the tyres at Silverstone to ensure 4 stops are no longer necesarry.

Around the Network

I see no major issue with the tyre scenario. Some teams (Ferrari, Lotus, Force India, Sauber) have played right and made big improvements, whilst others (Red Bull, Mercedes) are struggling with the tyre wear. Changing it one way or the other would benefit at most half of the field and hinder the other half. It's just something that the teams who are struggling with tyre wear need to be focused on; it's just one more thing after all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Angelus said:
100 points behind the leader lol, guess I got my work cut out for me.

I'll take

1. Alonso
2. Webber
3. Rosberg

DNF - Grosjean

you grabbed 40pts in a race though and can get 50 odd if you lucky,a few good results and anyone can be up top,the mid table is close though 3 on 65

need to get the winner regular really or a lucky dnf to keep in the lead

Above & Beyond

i don't think getting past someone is as tough as it was in monaco especially if your tyres have gone and drs

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
i don't think getting past someone is as tough as it was in monaco especially if your tyres have gone and drs

That's a good point actually, they didn't use DRS in Monaco last year. Are they definitely using it this time?

Around the Network
Angelus said:
zuvuyeay said:

That's a good point actually, they didn't use DRS in Monaco last year. Are they definitely using it this time?

But where would they use it? The Tunnel?

And the Rear Wings are so big it'll have next to no effect anyway:

Monaco:

Monza:

Normal:

So any DRS effect would be incredibly small because there's already so much drag because of the (relatively) massive rear wings. Never really noticed the different sizes of rear wings until someone pointed it out to me.

Angelus said:
zuvuyeay said:

don't they use drs there,i thought it was at every track but i just assumed that but i still wouldn't bet any money on a merc hanging on if their tyres are like the last two races,red bull,lotus and ferrari would gobble them up

Above & Beyond

i should check the last couple of monacos and see who held on from pole,i guess they will use the undercut/pits when tyres are going if need be but traffic might play its part i guess

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
i should check the last couple of monacos and see who held on from pole,i guess they will use the undercut/pits when tyres are going if need be but traffic might play its part i guess

Webber managed it, but I think one year Hamilton came from way back because he crashed into the barrier to win. Also, a couple years back Vettel won with a massive queue behind him which caused that massive crash with Sutil (I think?) where there was like 14 cars on one straight.

But last year, all I remember is Schumacher being sent to 6th from pole for some reason, and Button being stuck behind a Caterham for 60% of the race, not being able to overtake him at all. 

Merc should get pole in Monaco.. their mechnical grip is unmatched as seen in the last sector in spain.. I think the one not on pole should sacrifise his race to hold the others up so the other one can drive away a bit.. it's their only chance before someone pits a bit earlier so he can drive a few clean laps and get ahead ( like Alonso did in spain to overtake Vettel.).

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)