By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I saw that no one mentioned getting the codejunkies MAX player for the DS. They come in 1-4GB versions. You can load MP3s, encoded videos, and homebrew games onto the DS. I have 3 full movies and several songs on my 1gb right now. Very nice quality! I can read the small subs on alot of my Naruto shows. Usually get around 30 fps and full color. Preaty awsome if you ask me. Adds a ton of life to my DS. I sold my MP3 player right after dont need it. With a bigger screen then all MP3 players ive seen. Just add a headset and im off.

I did not even mention the best thing ive found online. There is a little program that lets you play SNES games. I can not get enough of it! Its up to you to find and get it working sorry. I hope this help you enjoy your DS a little more. :D

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

Around the Network

how can you be bored of your DS i love my DS   *huggles it then cries*

@ Squall_Leonheart: Are DS's really that hard to find? I had no idea.

@ student: Yep, the new Advance Wars will probably be a day-1 purchase for me. Advance Wars DS is the game that pretty much got the most playtime out of any DS game I've owned.

@ damkira: I do want to play Phantom Hourglass, but I haven't played Wind Waker yet. And, seeing as it's a sequel...

@ Nintendo Fan Girl: Aw, didn't mean to make you cry! Though the image of someone trying to hug a DS is pretty funny...

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:

@ student: Yep, the new Advance Wars will probably be a day-1 purchase for me. Advance Wars DS is the game that pretty much got the most playtime out of any DS game I've owned.

Congratulations, you have some excellent taste.

I just got my DS for Christmas, and love it-

But I did notice the library is weak for a System as popular as it is. I think this is because it did not really it full stride until Holiday 06- from here on out we should see more good DS games.

BTW- Get zelda, and Advance Wars DoR is out in a week or 2.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Again, play some of the games listed....

A game doesn't need an 9.5 average on GR to be a great game. The DS is bursting with great 3rd party games, and if you think otherwise, it's because you haven't played the right games.

Garcian Smith said:
celine said:

Garcian have you ever played with Grasshopper's Contact ?
It's a strange JRPG similar to Mother games.
Seeing your avatar maybe you could be interested in it

Also what DS games do you own ?

I haven't yet played Contact, but I've heard varying things about its quality.

Games I own/have owned/played:

Pokemon Diamond: Awesome, but basically the GBA-era Pokemon game given a visual upgrade

Phoenix Wright: Bored me to death, aside from the excellent writing

Castlevania games: Cool

Mario Kart DS: Fun, but I've outplayed it

Final Fantasy 3: Meh

Super Mario 64 DS: Too difficult to play without an analog stick

Advance Wars: Fun, but I've outplayed it

Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan: Music games aren't my cup of tea

Trauma Center (sort of): Have the Wii version 

I think that about covers the games that people most praise about the system.

Where is phantom Hourglass? Mario and Luigi? Animal crossing? Hotel Dusk? go buy those games! 

I've found this to be true, only those who don't buy games become bored with their systems 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

TheBigFatJ said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I've had a similar feeling.

I'd love more Phoenix Wright, EBA, or N64 port games like MK64 or SM64...but we're not really getting them.

Maybe I just haven't been trying enough games, but I haven't seen any games or heard about many future DS games that interest me. That said, I still play a lot of my games from time to time.

This is a sarcastic post, right? I assume so, since Mario Kart DS is MK64 but better and there is SM64 (improved) for the DS.

You are the second person to respond to him with that reply, and this time i feel like i should say something.. ben wasn't saying that those games should be on the ds, he is saying other n64 games should be taken to ds, just like mk64 and m64 were

I've had my DS for a month, and have only 2 games and I'm happy :P

Do you only have a DS? because then I could understand it...

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

At least I'm not as bored with my DS as I am my PSP.

Phantom Hourglass (though I really hate parts of it) and Castlevania games have kept me interested, as have some of the 2D Metroid GBA games.

Hey, here's an idea:

BRING BACK 2D METROID, YOU RAT BASTARDS.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/