By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus comes bundled with 6 random AR cards

How do you collect them all?

source

Kid Icarus: Uprising Comes with Six Random AR Cards

by Alex Culafi - February 7, 2012 - 6:19 P.M.
Total Comments: 3 Source: http://www.onlineplayer.jp/modules/topics/article.php?storyid=24571

It appears that the new 3DS title is coming packaged with yet another bonus.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is coming packaged with six random augmented reality cards out of a currently unknown total when it launches on March 23.

Nintendo demonstrated at E3 2011 that the game uses AR cards to simulate fights between two characters, initiated when cards are placed directly against one another. Other cards feature various weapons and minor enemies. There is no word regarding other potential distribution methods.

The news follows the recent announcement that Kid Icarus would come bundled with a 3DS stand to keep the player's system steady while playing.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
More and more reason to buy it! I wonder if there will be any uses for the stand that is coming with it for other games? Other than just being used as a stand. Isn't it not mandatory for this game?

IMO, the stand acts like a tripod for camera.

KylieDog said:
I do not understand why 3DS needs a stand? Is i for the AR cards tat come with it because that seems totally random.

I believe it's mainly for gameplay since you play using the circle pad with one hand and the stylus with the other, meaning you'd have to lift it with one hand for an extended time.

But yeah, it could also be for the AR fights as the battle would look messy with the background bouncing around.

Well, that'd be awkward, if you get 6 cards with only weapons on 'em... they're just going to sit there, instead of having characters who fight. xD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I thought I read there were going to be over 20 of the AR cards, how am I supposed to get a complete set now?

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

Ok Maybe i will buy it - not sure... what to do....?

maybe carsds are going to be on sales as packet of 5 random so you will need to buy more then 4 packets

Switch!!!