By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Star Wars release date set for April, Limited edition 'R2-D2' Xbox 360 also confirmed

CVG

Microsoft's confirmed Kinect Star Wars and the limited edition 'R2-D2' Xbox 360 will release in the UK on April 3 for 39.99 and £349.99 respectively.

The Xbox 360 exclusive was originally due to be released as part of Microsoft's Christmas 2011 line-up, but it was delayed in order to achieve its "full potential," according to Microsoft.

In addition to the previously announced Jedi, Podracing and Rancor modes, LucasArts has today confirmed new additions to the game, including:

• New experiences within Jedi Destiny Mode, including:
    • Space battles: As you travel the Galaxy to face an evil that threatens to undermine the fabric of the Republic, you'll engage with forces of the Empire in intense space battles
    • Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders: Pilot iconic Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders on your epic journey
    • New duels: Battle opponents like Count Dooku and Darth Vader on your journey to become a Jedi
  • New Duels of Fate mode, a battle-by-battle experience to sharpen your Jedi skills against the Dark Side.
  • New Galactic Dance Off mode loaded with Star Wars-themed pop tunes where those still honing their Jedi skills can take a break to battle Darth Vader on the dance floor or bust a move "Solo style."

Yes, you read that correctly - Galactic Dance Off mode.

The limited edition console bundle also features a C-3PO unlockable for Dance Mode, says Microsoft.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/334896/kinect-star-wars-release-date-set-for-april/

Around the Network

April, good time, sales start slowing at that point. Be very interesting to see how this does, most people seem to think it's going to be a success, but the quality looks ... well lets not go there. Also outside of the holiday season.

That console looks wicked though. Need to advertise!

Games looks terrible.

Console looks beautiful.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Excited to see how the game turns out. Other than the dance mode at least...

Another $399 limited edition bundle to get some extra money before price cuts at E3.

Funny how MS can get away with a 399 bundle 7 years into the gen

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Another $399 limited edition bundle to get some extra money before price cuts at E3.

Too often MS think more about money than marketshare, this should be $299 to really drive sales IMO.

Seece said:
sales2099 said:

Too often MS think more about money than marketshare, this should be $299 to really drive sales IMO.

At this point in the generation, the boost selling this console for $299 might provide won't make much of a difference in the end I believe. I'm guessing Microsoft feel the same way, especially if they have the NextBox pegged for launch in one and a half years or so.

Rainbird said:
Seece said:
sales2099 said:

At this point in the generation, the boost selling this console for $299 might provide won't make much of a difference in the end I believe. I'm guessing Microsoft feel the same way, especially if they have the NextBox pegged for launch in one and a half years or so.

Hmm, this is going to be aimed at the casuals though, at $399? They're already making enough money to warrant putting this at breakeven or even a slight loss imo.

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

It's actually $449.99 in the US (includes the LE Kinect).

Christ, that's insane.

Stupid move Microsoft.

Seece said:
Rainbird said:
Seece said:
sales2099 said:

Hmm, this is going to be aimed at the casuals though, at $399? They're already making enough money to warrant putting this at breakeven or even a slight loss imo.

I'm guessing the console will appeal even more to more hardcore Star Wars fans, even if the game won't. I'm guessing they're trying to milk those instead.