By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - game recommendations for the 360

I'm currently about half-way through Earth Defense Force 2017, and I can't recommend it enough. It's an almost stupidly simplistic third-person shooter, but it's strangely addictive, and the enemies are larger than life. It's extremely fun in co-op, too.

Also: The Orange Box is a must-have, if you don't already have it for PC.

As for XBLA, my favorite download is Pac-Man Championship Edition, which is great to pick up and go a few rounds with for 10-15 minutes on a whim. Also remember to grab Aegis Wing, since it's free.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
gebx said:
Xbox Live - Geometry Wars

360 - Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, "Scene It! Lights, Camera, Action" (<- party game, best with 4 people)

/\ QFT - I have it and really, it's an awesome game. With the controllers, that and Orange Box are the best values in gaming for 2007. 

1- Mass Effect
2- Gears of War
3- Bioshoke
4- Oblivion
5- Dead Rising

Great Games

The 360 games I personally feel are must haves are:

1 - Bioshock
2 - Dead Rising
3 - Halo 3
4 - The Orange Box
5 - Mass Effect
6 - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Possibly Assassin's Creed. I have it, but have not been able to play it for more than 10 minutes yet.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

For third person shooters, Gears of War

First person shooter, get Call of Duty 4

Party game, get Guitar Hero 3

RPG, get Mass Effect

Action Adventure, get Dead Rising

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

There are some great games out there already but don't be too hasty, there are some great games out this year such as Alan Wake, Too Human and Fable 2. No doubt plenty more games yet to be announced as well! Enjoy your 360 fun.

Viva Pinata looks awesome.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

My list is basically the same as Hawk's- just in a different order.

Also, look at older games like Condemned, Burnout Revenge, and Kameo. Lots of fun to be had for $15-$20. If you're like me, you never know what you want to play, so diversity is a must.

Which I have played, and know they're good:

Oblivion
Call of Duty 4 (and CoD2 also, it's very cheap now and it's a good game)
Guitar Hero 2 & 3
Forza Motorsport 2
Burnout Revenge (Burnout Paradise should be on stores soon though...)
Virtua Fighter 5
Dead or Alive 4
Dead Rising
And then there's many games that I know are good, and I'm planning to buy. Like:

Orange Box
Rock Band
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed and so on...

And there's older games (Classic games), which you an get in good price:

GRAW
PGR3
Condemned
Saints Row
Kameo etc..

Xbox 360 really has alot of good games, it shouldn't be hard to find something you like. :)

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

nice simple list RSeagle... niceeee

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man