By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - you must reconnect the controller to the console ?

ok just got my 360 back after it had RED RING OF DEATH. The good people at microsoft told me i have reconect the controller to the console i been do it for almost a hour and it not working what should i do????

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

Did you press and hold in the guide button on the controller and the power button on the 360 console at the same time?

Google "sync controller with 360" and there will be loads of tutorials on how to sync the controller. It's a 30 second job.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

While there is a topic about this, does the core 360 support wireless controllers? I'm wondering because my one room mate couldn't sync a brand new controller into his Core 360, but it worked just fine on my other room mate's Premium 360.

Should work...

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

On topic : try to push on the button next to the memory card slots and push also the on the button at the front of your controller where you connect a cable to connect with your xbox 360.

! We need stickies for problems like this and someone needs to make an FAQ for problems !

[

It seems to be a little weird on new consoles for some reason. When my brother first got his premium it wouldn't sync for ages and he was doing everything right.

It took a while for mine to sync when mine got replaced. Didn't yours come with a sheet that explained exactly how to sync the controller back?

Follow thibje's advice, but just to be a little more in depth, put the control right in front of the black space next to the mem card slots (I think it's the sensor). Then push down onto the button on the console, wait for the consoles lights to flash in a circle, then let go and hold onto the 360's connect button (as described by thibje) until the controller makes the same circle motion with the lights, then let go.

off topic: you should trade it in for a PS3 anyways

on topic: google it!