By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie coming to XBLA?

License to kill, pistols, facility.

If this comes true i'm buying a 360 

Yes

Around the Network

If true, and I'm still confused about the rights-but whatever-, this may be incentive enough for me to get a 360.

::crosses fingers:: i really hope that it is true. Golden eye was so fun. Back in middle school we would play that game for hours after school and on the weekends. That was the halo of the N64. Even the single player campaign was made so well, and was a great adaptation of the movie.

I cannot wait for this game. Four player multi on live would be a Halo-killer. Not that it would matter, as it'll be on the same console.

And bring on Perfect Dark. Perfect dark four player multi on live would be a Goldeneye-killer. Not that it would matter, as it'll be on the same console.

Banjo would be great, tooie would be even better as i never played it. I never played Conker's Bad Fur day either, so I'd love that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Dodece
"Perhaps we are looking at the expiration of Nintendo's own exclusive publishing rights"

I doubt it, publishing rights last 15-25years depending on the content. They can even be extended so who knows how llong Nintendo has publishing rights to it.

I see three options

1) payoff
2) releasedon vc as well
3) released on xbla and wii ware both online multiplayer (hopefully wii and xbox owenrs can play against each other)

Around the Network

@Cobretti

The question isn't what is typical. Publishing contracts run varying lengths of time from as little as a year to as much as fifty. The only questions are these what is lawful, and what the parties agree to. Beyond that typical isn't very relevant especially when its an object of contention. The question is what did Nintendo retain in the contract negotiations, and for what specified period.

I find it difficult to believe that such an issue would not be agreed to as part of contract negotiations as a rule large corporations are very exacting in their contracts so that they have legal verification of their rights to certain things. Even if at the time the publishing rights to past games was not a major issue it would have still been addressed, and Microsoft would have wanted to secure them. Meanwhile Nintendo might have been less eager. Thus a compromise of perhaps ten years from the original publish date.

Somewhere during all the wheeling and dealing the publishing rights to these games were conferred to Microsoft in one form or another. The only question would be when are they free to use said rights. Basically I think its a tad bit naive to think that Microsoft purchased a company, and did not even bother to secure the right to sell all intellectual properties of said company. Instead you would argue that they would let typically decide the issue, and more specifically you think they would let any company maintain a position from which they can squat on their property. Please we are talking about Microsoft.

You see three options that serve your interests, but they are all very much fantasies. You cannot seriously expect Microsoft to agree to those things. They are more apt to let the games rot in hell then give Nintendo even the scraps from their plate. You know its a competition thing.

Man I hope this happens. Goldeneye was one of my favorites!!!

exactly and that is were GoldenEye will be rotting in hell.

and the reason I think 3 is a possibilty cause activision owns the license to all bond games. So this would be a big financial gain for them.

Dodece they did come to an agreement on content. The agreement was that any game created and published by Rare were the property of MS. Anytime titles published by Nintendo or featured characters created by Nintendo remained the property of Nintendo. In other words Goldeneye was not one of the properties MS gained control of.

Apparently this was rumor has been in fact verified, but verified by it being shit canned. Apparently MS and Nintendo couldnt come to an agreement on how they were splitting the proceeds. Heres the the article:

http://kotaku.com/344084/xbla-goldeneye-was-real-nearly-done-now-dead