By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is 2012 going to be the 3DS's peak year?

Things to consider:

-> the Wii peaked in 2007 so there's a precedent inside Ninty's demographics.

-> indeed, the 3DS/Vita numbrs right now are almost exactly the same as Wii/PS3 back in 2007.

-> massive pricecut not too far from launch.

-> recent advance of smartphones in the far east.

-> Nintendo is doomed as always, you know the stuff.

-> Kaz Hirai as Sony's CEO. His mere presence is enough to hinder competitor's sales. 

Around the Network

Er, I don't know. Wouldn't bet on it. A new model at $120 would sell very well.

Definitely. The 3DS has enough software to keep consumers wanting a 3DS. Big hit games(first party or third) havn't been here for months, and the 3DS still comes out on top. I have a feelings that the 3DS will keep consistant with all this great first and third party software coming up. If the 3DS is doing well without two months of software(NA) just wait to see how well it's going to do next week with RE: Rev, and then MGS with the special 3ds bundle the day before Vita releases.

is this a joke thread? i can't tell...

as for the thread title i don't think so

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

New super Mario bros 3D may come in 2013 thought which will propel sales.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

I think it will be better than 2011 (obviously), but not it's peek year. Probably 2013.

2013 or 2014 will be its peak year i believe. which ever year gets the $129.99 or lower priced model, that will be its peak year.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Not necessarily, the 3DS certainly won't be as profitable as the DS... I imagine if Nintendo want as many sales as the DS, it's going to have to sell at a much lower price point throughout its tenure, thanks to smartphones.

The same rings true for Sony and the Vita

No I think 2013 0or 14 will be it's peak year.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I don't think so. The Wii U is coming out this year so the focus will be on that.
Even though the 3DS is having quite a few good/(some) major games coming out this year the Wii U will be the one to shine near the Holiday Season. As Rol said, I think this will be the year of the PSVITA, it will be the year it comes out and then, if Japan is a good reference, slowly decline. A COD game could help it in the West though, because we are all brain washed by it.