By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Suggestion needed for Co-Op Game

I'm looking for a game to get for myself and some friends (late Xmas gift, ftw). I want to get something that we can all play together, so co-op would be best. We have L4D2 already, so that wouldn't be something I could get again. Ideally it should be 4+ player co-op. We normally play games like Battlefield Bad Company 2, Uncharted 3 and Pixeljunk Monsters. I could really use some suggestions for relatively cheap (old too is fine, some of my friends only have laptops to game on) games that are available ideally on Steam and that would suit our tastes.

So help me out VGChartz, what can you suggest?

Around the Network

I guess RE 6 would be ideal. Too bad it won't release till November :/

Dead Island? Or do you only have a few consoles/don't want to have to buy lots software?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I guess RE 6 would be ideal. Too bad it won't release till November :/

Dead Island? Or do you only have a few consoles/don't want to have to buy lots software?

Well, ideally I'd like to get games for PC. We all have PS3s, so that would work too, but PC would be better. I plan on buying a copy of the game for everyone, which is why I'd also be more than happy with older games too.

How about Payday: The Heist? It's quite like L4D, but for £7.99 it's cheap!!

Borderlands maybe?

Around the Network

Old game you say? Enemy Territory: Quake Wars would be perfect! Excellent Co-op parts as well!

Halo4? Thats 4co-op on the same console. Even play online multiplayer with it.

Yay!!!

Castle Crashers, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Halo (any), Borderlands (muy fantastico and long), Trine 1 & 2, I could go on but there are tons.

How about Killing Floor, Brink or Bad Company 2: Vietnam? They are all FPSs, and can be had on the cheap.

Wait, what was I thinking? if you are into hardcore tactical co-op you owe it to yourself and your friends to try out SWAT 4. It's an old game but is awesome in co-op among buddies, and requires real teamwork on the level of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's co-op mode and is just as fun.

Check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6Tsv9M9ns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foRXx7WlWWA