By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has hired employees from Naughty Dog, Visceral, Vigil, Insomniac... and apparently Crytek

BasilZero said:
1st party western oriented games? Bring it on!

Hopefully they make a studio where at least one or two western oriented game would be made, incase third party support runs dry, they could have at least one group working on a new IP (zomg maybe?) that would attract more western players.

Isn't RETRO a western company too?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:

Hopefully they make a studio where at least one or two western oriented game would be made, incase third party support runs dry, they could have at least one group working on a new IP (zomg maybe?) that would attract more western players.

Yes it is.

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:

I guess so, but their focusing on already established Nintendo franchises, I meant like make a new IP that is mostly western oriented. Metroid is western oriented I  suppose but its not a new IP ;p.

Ahhh I see what you were getting at.

BasilZero said:

Right now the kind of developers they are hiring sound more like hardware developers than software developers, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for any new, Western IP just yet...

happydolphin said:
freebs2 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
d21lewis said:
Incoming game about a cute dragon with half tuck jeans and a lovable robot sidekick, sporting the best graphics, ever!

Don't forget, the dragon rides a horse and is a horseman of sorts.

And the game is settled into an wrecked spaceship.

The horse is holding two guns, one in each hand. Samus is in the spaceship and the spaceship is a greek god.

@OP. This is Megaton, go Nintendo!

Now, just waiting for Badgenome to provide a mock up image.

Around the Network

Man this is awesome news. Sony poached employees from Retro and competitor studios for ages. I am a tad disappointed that Nintendo is sending those employees to established AAA+ studios. Nintendo needs more studios and while I love hearing their world class studios are getting even better. I would prefer seeing Nintendo creating a new western studio with these highly qualified staffers.

But the CryTek guy holy shit. Nintendo has openly said the WiiU will not be as powerful as competitors. I think horing him shows Nintendo is going to work hard to ensure WiiU can recieve ports. This guy and his team brought high end PC games and engines to far inferior consoles with ease and without compromising the games.

I am betting he is ensuring Nintendo's WiiU is future proof. Their team will likely qork closely with third parties to port titles from future hardware.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Shit I turned off spell check. I meant hiring not horing lol

-JC7

Galaki said:
happydolphin said:
freebs2 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
d21lewis said:
Incoming game about a cute dragon with half tuck jeans and a lovable robot sidekick, sporting the best graphics, ever!

Don't forget, the dragon rides a horse and is a horseman of sorts.

And the game is settled into an wrecked spaceship.

The horse is holding two guns, one in each hand. Samus is in the spaceship and the spaceship is a greek god.

@OP. This is Megaton, go Nintendo!

Now, just waiting for Badgenome to provide a mock up image.

:D I wish, if only ;)

@Joel. The Edit button is your friend :)

Above all I'm looking forward to what Retro Studios have in store for us. Especially now they're hiring all these high profile staff members. Hell, if they're making a new ip, I would love to see that more than the PS4 or Xbox720.

E3 can't come soon enough, bring out the big guns Retro!

Think for yourself, question authority

Happy dolphin I am using my phone. I cannot use edit or quote or even a new topic. It sucks ass but I am now able to post a quick reply.

-JC7