By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why You SHOULD Buy a 3G PlayStation Vita

An interesting counter-argument to IGN's dig at the 3g version. Future games will probably use 3G in interesting ways, plus I could be playing call of duty online on the train to work which would be....an experience.

Around the Network
Virus-Of-Life said:
An interesting counter-argument to IGN's dig at the 3g version. Future games will probably use 3G in interesting ways, plus I could be playing call of duty online on the train to work which would be....an experience.

From what I have heard 3G isn't fast enough to handle online gaming, although I clearly remember early this generation people claiming WiFi couldn't handle it either, so who knows right?

I do know that if you take a 3G device, such as your phone, and put it into tethering mode, it gives off a WiFi signal (Still running at 3G speeds though I assume) and that signal is enough to run your PS3 games online.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Near seems pretty cool. I really like it. The bundle does kind of take the buying 50 things out of the equation, plus it comes with a game.
I've been thinking about it.
This article though is not very good.

pezus said:
theprof00 said:
Near seems pretty cool. I really like it. The bundle does kind of take the buying 50 things out of the equation, plus it comes with a game.
I've been thinking about it.
This article though is not very good.

As can be expected from IGN.

Actually sounds like they were paid to write it.

If only we knew what the PSN game would be, then they could make a real case for it. Me, I'm hardcore, so I'll probably end up getting it anyway, but there are some good points that wifi plus 16gb is only 10 more than this bundle.

just wait 3 months and after they have sold terribly they will make a similar move to the 3ds price drop

Around the Network
pezus said:
theARTIST0017 said:
it depends. is there a monthly/yearly charge for the 3G service? because web browsing on 3G would be alright...

Yeah there is. Something like 30 dollars per month for 2 GB bandwidth

Eh, then in that case it's not worth it. I pay for games. I already have 4G on my cellphone.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .