By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why You SHOULD Buy a 3G PlayStation Vita

The bundle which basically makes it free is really the only thing here that argues for getting that version.

Around the Network

I'm not mad as Ozzy... I won't spend my useful 50 $/€ for something I'm sure I'll hate. 3G connections are one of the worst experiences I had after the headache, the snakes in my bed, the fat horny girl I met in France some years ago.

AstroMaSSi rules

still the 3g bundle is 50 dollars more then wifi only and 20 more if i bought a memory card so nothing is different if i do not want uncharted day one i don't need to spend the extra money on somthing i don't want .

i was going to buy the wifi version, but i think im going to switch to this one, i need a memory card anyway

superchunk said:
The bundle which basically makes it free is really the only thing here that argues for getting that version.

This: If you are gettin a Vita, SONY's pricing makes it stupid not to get the 3G bundle.

Around the Network

DP.

it depends. is there a monthly/yearly charge for the 3G service? because web browsing on 3G would be alright...

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

superchunk said:

this.  i hadn't initially planned on getting one at launch but that $300 bundel is tempting...  i dunno, i'll probably pass the release date debating it in my head.

I still decided to stick with the WiFi, although who knows, I might once again change my mind down the road before the thing launches. I just liked the idea of paying $310 for a Vita + 16GB rather tha $300 for a Vita + 8GB.

I also wonder, with Near, I can still take full advantage of it if I keep my phone on tethering mode and link my Vita to it's WiFi signal? If so, then even if they get some "Cool features down the road", I should still be able to take advantage of it right? I don't see how they will make games with features that lock out the WiFi owners.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Also what is not mentioned is that supposedly in order to get your free 250GB Data Session you must first sign up for a 1-month 3G plan.

Also what is not mentioned is that supposedly in order to get your free PSN title you must first sign up for a 1-month 3G plan and then after 30-days you recieve your free PSN download voucher.

I asked this to the guy at Gamestop yesterday and he said that from what he knows, that seems to be the case.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!