By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Smacking Children: Good or Bad?

thehusbo said:
A good smack is what some kids need to keep them in line. if the parents want to do it, then thats fine.

You um... may wanna reconsider your sig lenght xD

Edit: Never mind

Around the Network

That was probably the biggest sig I've ever seen on these forums xD

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
thehusbo said:
A good smack is what some kids need to keep them in line. if the parents want to do it, then thats fine.

You um... may wanna reconsider your sig lenght xD

Edit: Nothing. Just lag it appears.

sorry ye, i just realised :)

I don't think that a bit of one on occasion is bad. My parents did it, and it served its purpose. They didn't do it often though, just when I did something really stupid. And I learned not to do that anymore. It should be used sparingly, certainly, and I don't think it's ever necessary to leave a bruise (that's more abusive than punishment). Once you cross that line, you're just hurting the kid and making them resent you.

Seece said:
osamanobama said:
Marks said:

Good, parents are way too soft on their kids these days. Kids need to be actually disciplined when they do something wrong.

And parents also need to take responsibility for thier kids. No more scapegoating video games and TV for their kid's bad behaviour. 

Edit: Of course I just mean a solid smack to the ass, not a punch or any actual violent shit. I was spanked a couple times when I was young for doing stupid shit, didn't turn me into a serial killer or bully. 

i concur...

i was spanked and disaplined serverly as a child, i think i turned out pretty well.

my parents love me and care about me, and they did what good parents should

Really? turned out homophobic and to hate and generalize a very large group of people.

Spanking/smacking should be used rarely (IMO never) but Euphoria puts across a good example of it.

Regular spanking does not make you a good parent. Lazy, uneducated and bad? Sure.

being that i neither hate nor have i ever generalized homosexuals, your statement is patently false. So please leave your bigotry out of this.

and seeing that you will never/ can never have a family, you arent really anybody of authority on this.

Around the Network

I had a few slaps now and then growing up and i never did me any harm.

It all cool saying time out and taking away toys and stuff but not every child is the same.

If i had my stuff taken it never bothered me. Once my things were taken i just used to think well my stuff gone now what i have i got to lose. and i would do the same thing again.

If i knew i was going to get a smack i soon booked up my ideas and was a good lil boy. My brother on the other hand was the complete opposite. Threaten to take his stuff and he would freak and behave, give him a slap and he would cry for a minute then carry on as normal.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

osamanobama said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:
Marks said:

Good, parents are way too soft on their kids these days. Kids need to be actually disciplined when they do something wrong.

And parents also need to take responsibility for thier kids. No more scapegoating video games and TV for their kid's bad behaviour. 

Edit: Of course I just mean a solid smack to the ass, not a punch or any actual violent shit. I was spanked a couple times when I was young for doing stupid shit, didn't turn me into a serial killer or bully. 

i concur...

i was spanked and disaplined serverly as a child, i think i turned out pretty well.

Really? turned out homophobic and to hate and generalize a very large group of people.

Spanking/smacking should be used rarely (IMO never) but Euphoria puts across a good example of it.

Regular spanking does not make you a good parent. Lazy, uneducated and bad? Sure.

being that i neither hate nor have i ever generalized gay, your statement is patently false. So please leave your bigotry out of this.

and seeing that you will never/ can never have a family, you arent really anybody of authority on this.

aha, this post almost made me fall off my computer chair 

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

osamanobama said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:
Marks said:

i concur...

being that i neither hate nor have i ever generalized gay, your statement is patently false. So please leave your bigotry out of this.

You just proved his point.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
osamanobama said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:
Marks said:

i concur...

is anything factually wrong in that statement. i didnt attack his life style , just pointed out the reality of choosing that lifestyle.

osamanobama said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
osamanobama said:
Seece said:
osamanobama said:
Marks said:

i concur...

is anything factually wrong in that statement. i didnt attack his life style , just pointed out the reality of choosing that lifestyle.

He can have a family, I know it bugs the poop out of you but deal with it, will a spanky help you get it?