By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you were in charge of Nintendo, how would you manage the Wii U's first year

spurgeonryan said:
I like what the OP said.
If the controller is sold seperate then I can see that price point for the actual system. Who says the tablet has to come bundled?

If it's not bundled then barely anyone would buy it. It has to be bundled. 

Around the Network

It would come bundled with Mother 4. No other games - first or third party - would be released for at least six months so everyone has to play Mother 4.

Get (early) exclusivity rights to COD & GTA.

The Wii printed a lot of money right?

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:
I like what the OP said.
If the controller is sold seperate then I can see that price point for the actual system. Who says the tablet has to come bundled?

If it's not bundled then barely anyone would buy it. It has to be bundled. 

I was thinking more on the lines of having some bundled and some not. If enough great games come with it then people will want to own it! Instead of just another Udraw.

Well, most customers would most likely not buy it seperately. Especially for their child because the already spent an upward of $300 for the system it's self. If they bundle it then the Wii U should be around $349.99 and customers wouldn't mind paying that sense they feel it's a deal.

My dream scenario begins at E3 '12...

At E3 announce that GTA5 and Bioshock Infinite will be launch games (or launch window upon release) and incorporate unique features via the tablet (Infinite to include optional pointer control).  Also a name change (Wii 2, Wii HD, or Nintendo Stream), and confirm two tablet support.

Launch details:

Launch in September in Japan and NA, October in Europe and Australia.  Price it at $349.99 with the console, one tablet controller, an HDMI cable, and a unique, addictive pack-in game (announced at E3) with the appeal of Wii Sports that shows off the tablet and streaming functionality.

Stand alone tablet controllers sell for $89.99 and come with the E3 demos we've already seen (Chase Mii, etc).

Re-launch the Classic Controller Pro wireless for $29.99.

First party day one launch games:  Super Mario Bros Mii, Waverace.  GTA5 and Bioshock Infinite among the 3rd party launch games (or launch window if not released yet), along with the already known games (Darkness 2, Batman AC, Metro, Aliens, Ninja Gaiden, etc).

Launch window games (by year's end):  Pikmin 3, new Wii Sports, and possibly the new Retro game.  Resident Evil 6 and COD among the 3rd party launch window games.

2013 details:  No way of knowing, but definitely have a new Wii Fit sometime in 2013 and launch the new Mario Kart against the NeXtbox.

Around the Network
archbrix said:

At E3 announce that GTA5 and Bioshock Infinite will be launch games (or launch window upon release) and incorporate unique features via the tablet (Infinite to include optional pointer control).  Also a name change (Wii 2, Wii HD, or Nintendo Stream), and confirm two tablet support.

Launch details:

Launch in September in Japan and NA, October in Europe and Australia.  Price it at $349.99 with the console, one tablet controller, an HDMI cable, and a unique, addictive pack-in game (announced at E3) with the appeal of Wii Sports that shows off the tablet and streaming functionality.

Stand alone tablet controllers sell for $89.99 and come with the E3 demos we've already seen (Chase Mii, etc).

First party day one launch games:  Super Mario Bros Mii, Waverace.  GTA5 and Bioshock Infinite among the 3rd party launch games (or launch window if not released yet), along with the already known games (Darkness 2, Batman AC, Metro, Aliens, Ninja Gaiden, etc).

Launch window games (by year's end):  Pikmin 3, new Wii Sports, and possibly the new Retro game.  Resident Evil 6 and COD among the 3rd party launch window games.

2013 details:  No way of knowing, but definitely have a new Wii Fit sometime in 2013 and launch the new Mario Kart against the NeXtbox.

Wow! You would make a perfect Reggie!! ;) The only thing; I hate the name Nintendo Stream. -.- 

Well I don't see too much to add to the op besides support the VC/Ware more.

NintendoPie said:
archbrix said:

Launch details:

Wow! You would make a perfect Reggie!! ;) The only thing; I hate the name Nintendo Stream. -.- 

I'll take that as a compliment, lol (I like Reggie, but a lot of people don't). 

Yeah, I'm not big on that name either, but I've seen some people suggest it so I thought I'd include it as an option.  And "Wii Stream" sounds even worse.

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:

1. Release the Wii U (at 349.99) in late September and have it come packaged with NSMBM and the U-Pad,
2. Make several Gamecube and N64 games available for download right when it comes out,
3. (Well this should actually go along with one) Advertise the heck out of it,
4. Release Pikmin 3 in EARLY November so it can get Black Friday sales,
5. Come out with Wii U Sports Dec. 1 to Dec. 5.
6. Watch sales explode and people go broke over the Holiday season.

+1 to all of them

7. Push Nintendo developers to create Super Mario World Sequel/Remake on Wii-U.

Also push Squareenix to work with Nintendo to make a Super Mario RPG 2 for the 3DS.

Thank you! SE seems to be buddy-buddy with Nintendo lately so I would guess they are bringing something to the table.

archbrix said:
NintendoPie said:
archbrix said:

Launch details:

I'll take that as a compliment, lol (I like Reggie, but a lot of people don't). 

Yeah, I'm not big on that name either, but I've seen some people suggest it so I thought I'd include it as an option.  And "Wii Stream" sounds even worse.

It was a compliment! I like Reggie too.

I like Wii U much better than Wii Stream, I would go with something simple though. Nothing too long like Nintendo Revolution.