By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is WiiFit a copycat?

fkusumot said:
ultraslick said:
interesting i have never seen that before.

if wii fit had launched as a fully working peripheral for the Gamecube would it have the success that wiifit will most likely have?
Of course not.
it has the name wii in front of it though - which means its trendy.

Nice "Wii is Fad" stealth post.

lol...    thanks.  I do what I can.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

I wouldn't doubt that it copied.

Its just like saying Playstation & Xbox Controllers copy NES one. Do they?

All of these things are a copy of the power pad

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

That pad looks to me like it was copied from a Super NES controller!!

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

Um.. this is a mat, it doesn't have any electronics inside it.. the tv pretty much shows where the person should stand, this doesn't calculate weight, or balance.. and it figures out calories lost by an estimation (like exercise bikes) due to how long you've been doing it..

No, I got that and Wii Fit too.

It is totally different stuff, it is more like jogging version of  DDR.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

@tabsina
It's not only a mat, it does have electronics inside it, it doesn't calculate weight and balance though

Prediction! GOTY um... 2006

but does it cure cancer?