By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

Solid-Stark said:
Not sure why people are disappointed by "6x". Thats perfect for games at native 1080 with decent settings, not to mention a price of $350-$400.

exept that devs in a desperate attempt to show a improvement in graphics it will mean 720p ~30fps games with higher detail effects and assets

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
Not sure why people are disappointed by "6x". Thats perfect for games at native 1080 with decent settings, not to mention a price of $350-$400.

i will pay some thousand dollar for one generation i would preferto pay 100 more for much better a.i., draw distance blablub

crissindahouse said:
Solid-Stark said:

i will pay some thousand dollar for one generation i would preferto pay 100 more for much better a.i., draw distance blablub

And on a similar sarcastic note, there's a name for the minority niche consumer willing to pay $1,000 for hardware to play games the way developers intended; they're called PC gamers. 

greenmedic88 said:
crissindahouse said:
Solid-Stark said:

And on a similar sarcastic note, there's a name for the minority niche consumer willing to pay $1,000 for hardware to play games the way developers intended; they're called PC gamers. 

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:

exept that devs in a desperate attempt to show a improvement in graphics it will mean 720p ~30fps games with higher detail effects and assets

If they are willing to invest, they complain enough as it is!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
crissindahouse said:
Solid-Stark said:

the difference is that you get a much better gpu for 100 more (that's what microsoft could spend more so it's much better than you buying two gpu's with 100 difference) and for 100 less the gpu is a joke...the gpu costs 80 dollar nowadays what do you think what the production costs are and what they will be in a few years? 10 dollars or so? oh man yeah what a great gpu... it's not like you would need 1000 euro gpu's but the console should be at least not outdated one year before release wtf? and i still have no clue why everyone thinks the next 100 years the consoles have to have the same price which makes no sense and is not possible but yeah i had this discussion so many time with inflation, higher income and blabla it makes no sense to talk with console gamers about that.

do you know how much less it would be in 2013 to pay the same price than we had to pay in 2005? if the prices were too high in 2005/2006 for the new consoles than the same price in 2013 should be ok. for example i will get like 22% more loan than i got in 2005 if my boss will increase my loan the next time like he did the last years.

i mean if game prices will stay the same this will be even crazier. paying the same for games and console like one gen before? wow gaming is getting much cheaper then!

Solid-Stark said:
zarx said:
Solid-Stark said:

If they are willing to invest, they complain enough as it is!

lol a couple people complaining vs the dozzens of games that are sub HD and drop below 30fps that came out this generation. They could have 1080p games on current console if they wanted, they chose to go for the more expensive route, they will do so again next gen.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Dr.Grass said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

People are still not getting it. There will not be an enormous leap in consoles this upcoming generation. The only big jump/improvement will be the WiiU, going from DVD based to HD. There is absolutely no surprise that the Nextbox could only be 20% more powerful than WiiU.

We have hit the roadblock this upcoming generation, games will only be able to put out 1080P graphics, because that's the best televisions we have now. The successor to 1080P televisions could be years away.

You can add as much CPU, GPU RAM, Processor all you want, the end result will be 1080p games. Sure the games will be sharper, bigger and 60fps....but the difference will not be as much as some people expect/hope.

Errr, waaahh..?

Avatar on BluRay is 1080p and (if this news is true) it looks WAY better than anything people would ever expect from Nextbox. Where do you get the idea that 1080p is a limitation at all at the moment or in the near future?

The resolution of a game has very little to do with how the graphics look.  You could play the original Super Mario Bros in 1080P, but it wouldn't look any different.

The 3D models, texture quality, lighting, and other effects are what you are thinking about.  These all have to be done in real time by the console.  The CGI in movies takes many computers a long time to complete.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Slimebeast said:

Hopefully Sony waits one year with their nexxt gen console and invests in really powerful hardware and stomps the Nextbox.

In terms of graphics, yes, they could stomp the Nextbox.

If they actually do this though, they will probably just be stomping themselves business wise.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Netyaroze said:
Just looked up some informations on the 6670 its significantly weaker then a 5770 a 2009 Mid range GPU. 60 Euros in 2011 that means 25 bucks in 2013. This cant be real, the AMD claims of Avatar like graphics on 720 seem like delusional comments from a mentally sick person. And how are they going to even reach the 6 times more power with a 6670 based GPU.

If this is true and Sony doesnt include some Kinect like gadget for every console sold. They could end up making the only next gen console. Third Party games wouldnt benefit too much if they are multiplat. but Sony games would be a league of its own.

Also MS seems to want to compete with Nintendo directly. I cant see MS succeed if Nintendo gets all the same multiplats in similar graphic.

i can sure 100% MS will not use 6670 right now

because it dosen't support DX11.1