By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Xbox 720 Will Be Six Times as Powerful as Current Gen

All I know is I've seen the next unreal engine..... And I KNOW for a fact that Microsoft with will develop their hardware around the speck that epic need to produce them levels of graphics..... From what I've seen so far from the tech demos if that's the next gen then I want one NOW.

You can keep going and going with graphics but really how much do you really need? Development costs are going through the roof... If someone told me they could get double skyrims prettyness on my tv then I would die with anticipation.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
It's causing meltdowns, therefore they must be true.

Seems like Sony will be left to tend mostly to hardcore next gen as they did with the Vita.

And look how that is going for Sony lol. You give Microsoft even more incentive to run a business and not just throw good money after bad. Hardcore gaming is xbox360 in terms of support functionality and the amount if software brought and played across the world. not the spec of its graphics cards lol. Hardcore is the console that didn't have a brand or any brand loyalty this gen but has managed to be the console of choice across most of the world As for all this Crap about ps3 bring ahead of its time that's rubbish. It has huuggee Problems hardware wise and baring a blue ray player I don't see it doing nothing my 360 cant do. All I see is shoddy multi platform ports that run like a bucket of nuts and bolts until they are patched to high heaven If that's ahead of its time then id say Sony wasted allot of money this gen!

crissindahouse said:
so the only difference between uncharted 3 which runs on a console with more power than xbox 360's and a game like this for xbox 720 will be 1080p and maybe 60fps? this alone would use much more power than uncharted 3 needs so maybe even this would be too much for 720? nooooo!

does sony even need a next gen then? i wonder how much power the 360 would need for uncharted 3's or killzone 3's graphics

i was thinking this.. 

what if Sony didnt bother? 

PS3 is a good piece of kit, still expensive and still pretty large in its current form. what if when the new Xbox comes out they just bundle a Kinect style camera in with the Ps3 at a lover price then both the WiiU & nextbox, i actually would preffer this!

This makes sense.
With an affordable machine they can be profitable sooner, if not from the start, 3rd parties won`t need more resources (people, money) to make games for it and we probably won`t see game prices go up again.
With this, everybody wins and instead of investing in power to diferentiate consoles we will probably have more investment in games to do that.

Dark_Feanor said:

Wow!!

Thats is a fanboyism working at its best.

360 is able to run any PS3 exclusive, serius guys, there is nothing in Uncharted 2 and 3 that is impossible to achieve with 360 hardware. Just give them a plastic engine, time, and MONEY and a good team of developers could make wonderful things.

The problema with PS3 fanboys is that they were iluded by Sony that lauched a hardware 50% more expensive one year later. And now, 6 years later they can only bost a handfull of games that "would be impossible on the 360"...

Well, I can only say to that: "Cross game chatting".

if the 360 could run Uncharted 2/3, Killzone 2/3 graphics.. then why doesnt it?.. 

gears of war 3 & Halo reach graphics are piss poor in comparison to Uncharted. dont be so delusinol 

also.. cross game chat is not worth $60 a year.. the 2 services run identically appart from that. 

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
crissindahouse said:
so the only difference between uncharted 3 which runs on a console with more power than xbox 360's and a game like this for xbox 720 will be 1080p and maybe 60fps? this alone would use much more power than uncharted 3 needs so maybe even this would be too much for 720? nooooo!

does sony even need a next gen then? i wonder how much power the 360 would need for uncharted 3's or killzone 3's graphics

i was thinking this.. 

PS3 is a good piece of kit, still expensive and still pretty large in its current form. what if when the new Xbox comes out they just bundle a Kinect style camera in with the Ps3 at a lover price then both the WiiU & nextbox, i actually would preffer this!

That would a style break for a big hardware company like Sony. Sony has always pushed itself on that area, that's why the PS3 cost that much - because of their company culture. It would be interresting to see if true, but it's highly unlikely.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Xbox 3 is doomed guys. Dont you know ?? Sony Fans say So :P

PlaystaionGamer said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Wow!!

360 is able to run any PS3 exclusive, serius guys, there is nothing in Uncharted 2 and 3 that is impossible to achieve with 360 hardware. Just give them a plastic engine, time, and MONEY and a good team of developers could make wonderful things.

The problema with PS3 fanboys is that they were iluded by Sony that lauched a hardware 50% more expensive one year later. And now, 6 years later they can only bost a handfull of games that "would be impossible on the 360"...

if the 360 could run Uncharted 2/3, Killzone 2/3 graphics.. then why doesnt it?.. 

gears of war 3 & Halo reach graphics are piss poor in comparison to Uncharted. dont be so delusinol 

also.. cross game chat is not worth $60 a year.. the 2 services run identically appart from that. 

Because no-one's tried to run those specific games on 360?

It's been stated by several current/former GG employees, KZ2 could work on the 360, because they're really not that different in tech, and as far as I know, KZ3 isn't far more advanced than KZ2, but I wouldn't know about that, didn't buy KZ3 myself, was done with the franchise after 1 & 2.

Millenium said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Wow!!

Because no-one's tried to run those specific games on 360?

It's been stated by several current/former GG employees, KZ2 could work on the 360, because they're really not that different in tech, and as far as I know, KZ3 isn't far more advanced than KZ2, but I wouldn't know about that, didn't buy KZ3 myself, was done with the franchise after 1 & 2.

i dont mean the actual game, but why is there NO graphical equivielents on the 360? 360 games dont look even close to PS3 games.

anyway i was only  correcting that person, im not getting into this because PS fans get banned on here whil M$ fans can get away with anything.

have a nice day :)

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
crissindahouse said:

i was thinking this.. 

That would a style break for a big hardware company like Sony. Sony has always pushed itself on that area, that's why the PS3 cost that much - because of their company culture. It would be interresting to see if true, but it's highly unlikely.

very true, but sony could re-do the system make it smaller, colours, whatever they like.. new marketing campain with PS-Kinect and at a lot lower price then WiiU and Nextbox.  

they could get the PS3 install up to maybe (being optamistic) 150million, then 2 years before the Wii3 and Xbox4 they could get a massive head start

could work very well for sony