By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Expendables 2 will be PG-13?! What?!

And you can blame this guy...

Or maybe this would be a more appropriate picture...

“In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay.  For this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But I don't play in movies like this. Due to that I said I won't be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13." - Source

It seems Chuck doesn't want to be in a manly man movie, complete with harsh language and over the top violence, anymore.  He has convinced the producers to lower the language and violence to get a PG-13 rating.  You know, for the kids.  All I know is the chances I'll like this movie have dropped quite a bit.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I think they could give a crap what Norris has to say. PG-13 usually means more money. the last one did well, but now with the word of mouth on that one, and a PG-13 rating this should do much better! I am sure there will be plenty of violence to go around. Plus Jean Claude van Damme will be in it so it will be great!

Actually, I think this one will do worse than the first one.  Most of the people who are fans of the action stars in this movie are definitely over 18.  I doubt they want a watered down, mother-approved action flick.  Especially when the majority of the star's previous films, inlcuding the first Expendables, was rated R.

Just found something I found really funny. 

Didn't they release two editions of the last movie? I'm in the UK, here, so the ratings are different, but I swear you could choose between an 18 rated and 12 (or 15...) rated edition of the film when you saw it in cinema.

Chuck Norris endorsed Gingrich, anyway, so he can go suck an egg.

Chuck more like CHICK, what a wuss!

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
So they're watering it down to appeal to a younger audience?

Count me out. Stupid Chuck Norris all old and washed up doesn't know what he's talking about -.-"

Apparently.  What's stupid about this is that 99% of these people's fans are over 18.  Also, the 1st one was R and was one of Stallones highest grossing movies.

Just lost all desire to watch this movie.

The first expendables was 18? Are you sure? I think it was 15 in the UK.

Bristow9091 said:
Yeah I don't get it... they're just being stupid, Stallone should have bitch slapped Chuck Norris and told him to shut up and keep his silly ideas to himself -.-"

Lol, that would be funny.  Then people would start making all of those "Chuck facts" about Stallone, instead.

brendude13 said:

The first expendables was 18? Are you sure? I think it was 15 in the UK.

Looks like the UK got a cut version of the movie, according to IMDB.