By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Expendables 2 will be PG-13?! What?!

And you can blame this guy...

Or maybe this would be a more appropriate picture...

“In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay.  For this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But I don't play in movies like this. Due to that I said I won't be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13." - Source

It seems Chuck doesn't want to be in a manly man movie, complete with harsh language and over the top violence, anymore.  He has convinced the producers to lower the language and violence to get a PG-13 rating.  You know, for the kids.  All I know is the chances I'll like this movie have dropped quite a bit.

Around the Network

Chuck Norris makes it Rated R+ , thats right R+.

That PG-13 is a conspiracy I SAY!

Basil's YouTube Channel

I think they could give a crap what Norris has to say. PG-13 usually means more money. the last one did well, but now with the word of mouth on that one, and a PG-13 rating this should do much better! I am sure there will be plenty of violence to go around. Plus Jean Claude van Damme will be in it so it will be great!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
I think they could give a crap what Norris has to say. PG-13 usually means more money. the last one did well, but now with the word of mouth on that one, and a PG-13 rating this should do much better! I am sure there will be plenty of violence to go around. Plus Jean Claude van Damme will be in it so it will be great!

Actually, I think this one will do worse than the first one.  Most of the people who are fans of the action stars in this movie are definitely over 18.  I doubt they want a watered down, mother-approved action flick.  Especially when the majority of the star's previous films, inlcuding the first Expendables, was rated R.

thismeintiel said:
spurgeonryan said:

Actually, I think this one will do worse than the first one.  Most of the people who are fans of the action stars in this movie are definitely over 18.  I doubt they want a watered down, mother-approved action flick.  Especially when the majority of the star's previous films, inlcuding the first Expendables, was rated R.

That is true about the everyone being over 18 part. A movie (as long as its not Crank 2) can be rated R and still be not too horribly crazy. Chuck Norris has always been a nice guy though. I am still going to see it, mainly for the reason I stated up above, even if it is a little bit watered down.

I am a kid of the 80's, so I love a good Rated R movie just as much as the next guy. Still with all the stars in this one, it will still be a hoot!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Just found something I found really funny. 

That is probably another reason why he is like that. In his old age he has become even more religious that he was when he was younger. Violence makes him his money, but he will do as little as possible. Has anyone ever seen Chuck norris do a kick? He is as flexible as a board! I think in Firewalker (great movie!) he had to jump on a bar table just to make it look like he was kicking someone in the face!

Didn't they release two editions of the last movie? I'm in the UK, here, so the ratings are different, but I swear you could choose between an 18 rated and 12 (or 15...) rated edition of the film when you saw it in cinema.

Chuck Norris endorsed Gingrich, anyway, so he can go suck an egg.

Chuck more like CHICK, what a wuss!

So they're watering it down to appeal to a younger audience?

Count me out. Stupid Chuck Norris all old and washed up doesn't know what he's talking about -.-"