By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Ericsson: Qtr4 $266m loss.

I guess the new Xperia line up didnt do so great or is this a result of older models being less prominent? I actually thought the Xperia ARC garnered a nice following.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Just don't see them making any headway :

1b to make up plus whatever they lose from next Q onwards ... will they ever see that back?

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
Just don't see them making any headway :

1b to make up plus whatever they lose from next Q onwards ... will they ever see that back?

Well its Sony only now so any profits (or losses) are all theirs.... but I am struggling to see why the brand will suddenly turn 180 degrees.

Clearly the brand as a mobile phone is falling fast and making such massive losses takes some stopping.

Indeed, MS/Nokia are struggling and they actually seem to have a decent strategy behind them. Xperia is going nowhere fast, not sure who thought it was a bright idea to do a gaming centric phone ...

That's quite a steep loss.

Not sure if it's wise for them to continue the SE brand, let alone buy-out Ericsons share.

can someone brand that with sony's name?  i'm terrible at photo editing.

Around the Network

lol thats a lot of money wasted. 1 billion to buy and it aint gettin any better

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

They should fit in nicely with the rest of Sony.

Millenium said:

Not sure if it's wise for them to continue the SE brand, let alone buy-out Ericsons share.

They are dropping Ericsson name all together , they have announced their first Sony-only mobiles a few days ago

Xperia ion and Xperia S , they have amazing specifications , let's hope things will get better for them from now on .

Did they really need to buy Ericsson out just to release a phone without the brand name? Did they get some patents or something out of it?

VXIII said:
Millenium said:

They are dropping Ericsson name all together , they have announced their first Sony-only mobiles a few days ago

Xperia ion and Xperia S , they have amazing specifications , let's hope things will get better for them from now on .

Ah, good to know. :)

Yeah, I hope it brings them success, I'm not really a Sony fan, but it'd be a shame for them to lose their phone business. Will the new phones run Android or?