By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo afraid to challenge themselves?

Now before you misunderstand this is somewhat of a Rant, and I also don’t mean they should put another console/and or handheld on the market, there’s no need for that. What I mean is are they afraid of rising the bar for some of their game series? Since Nintendo is widely considered to have some of that best games so how can they improve on greatness? By making it greater, that’s the way it should be. So why has Nintendo not been trying to up the standard for some of their games?

I can think of a couple of games they make that are in dire need of an upgrade on the Wii or the DS: Kid Icarus (it’s rumored to come out but still no official conformation from Nintendo yet).

*Golden Sun, ( yet another rumored game to supposedly to come out this year but like KI no official conformation yet form Nintendo).

F-Zero, (I put in this game because I’m a fan of the series and while I don’t think it would be necessary to release it this year I would at least like to know if it’s in development to say the least).

Star Fox (I see everyone has this on their list of wth is Nintendo waiting for, you can probably guess how much fans would rejoice if even a tidbit of info was given come on Nintendo!).

Pikmin 3 (you know I really didn’t want to bring this one up but since it still has no conformation from Nintendo and whatnot you know, oh well another good game waiting in the wing).

I am well aware of Nintendos’ silence on games until almost the last minute so some of these games could already be in development. Also it’s not just the fact that nintendo doesn’t have a planed release for any of the above games for the pubic yet, I also feel that Nintendo is not pushing some of their main series all that much. Here’s the good examples of what I mean: SMG= pushed hard, MP3:C= pushed hard but not hard enough in some peoples minds, SSBB= pushed to the max more so then SMG (my opinion ;) opinion-/-fact).

Now here’s the bad examples: Fire Emblem:RD= it’s good but it’s not too different from the GCN version, Mario Party 8= ????? I guess they don’t want to loss the integrity of the series by changing it up *scoffs* , Pokemon= not even close to being pushed, where is the RPG Pokemon adventure game for the home consoles Nintendo hmm?!?

Last year was great for Nintendo they released a couple of their big titles, catered to not only hardcore gamers but casuals as well. I know I may come off as a unappreciative gamer but I’m more of a concerned gamer who thinks that Nintendo should do a 180 turn in some of the above mention games, and also at least let people know that they are still thinking about the others I mentioned. End half/Rant/

Around the Network

Fire Emblem must evolve!

Golden Sun 1&2 were awesome so i think it's successor will be as well.

They just need to make the games tougher.

And also, where the hell is Pikmin 3? Miyamoto said in August 2005 that the "Revolution" Controller (before it was unveiled) is well suited for Pikmin. Where the hell is it?

Second, wtf is Fire Emblem X? Please use English terms. I know there were a million of 'em for NES and Super NES but honestly "FE: RD" is not that hard to type (sorry to sound like an asshole).

But FE: RD and Mario Party 8 were developed as Wii titles. FE: PoR was released for GameCube in October 2005. So even if they were going to rush out a sequel to FE: PoR, then it still would come out a year later just in time for Wii Launch in 2006. With Mario Party, it's just like Madden. One a year.

Let me put it this way. Nintendo still makes great games but ever since the runaway success of Wii, they have gotten a little.....lax....

golden sun wii was announced recently according to sorikus sig.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I think Fire Emblem X and Mario Party 8 were both supposed to be GC games at first, that's why they weren't as good as some would have expected. Pokemon BR seems to be a rushed launch title.

Given the Wii's success I don't see a need for Nintendo to rush out any of their games, so they should pretty much all come with the quality of SMG and MP3:C. Franchises that don't have a sequel announced yet, should sooner or later get one.

Actually with the success of the Wii Nintendo could very well go on a vacation with the money they gain from the wii but does that make business sense? Granted they don’t need to bring all of their top series in one year. However for games like Mario Party and Pokemon they will need to start changing the formula a bit before it gets too stale.

Shade said:

Now here’s the bad examples: Fire Emblem:RD= it’s good but it’s not too different from the GCN version

Fire Emblem X is one of the most innovative Fire Emblems in the series.

It introduces...

Data Transfer between games.
Multiple concurrent parts.
2nd Tier promotion (last seen in Fire Emblem 2!)
Level 40 Laguz
Combat effects based on ground height
Supports between every character
A combination of the GBA and PoR magic trinities.
Fixed increase BEXP

As well as a few other things I can't mention due to spoilers.

They need to make a real pokemon rpg for the Wii, that would sell like 15 million.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Snesboy said:
They just need to make the games tougher.

And also, where the hell is Pikmin 3? Miyamoto said in August 2005 that the "Revolution" Controller (before it was unveiled) is well suited for Pikmin. Where the hell is it?

Second, wtf is Fire Emblem X? Please use English terms. I know there were a million of 'em for NES and Super NES but honestly "FE: RD" is not that hard to type (sorry to sound like an asshole).

But FE: RD and Mario Party 8 were developed as Wii titles. FE: PoR was released for GameCube in October 2005. So even if they were going to rush out a sequel to FE: PoR, then it still would come out a year later just in time for Wii Launch in 2006. With Mario Party, it's just like Madden. One a year.

Let me put it this way. Nintendo still makes great games but ever since the runaway success of Wii, they have gotten a little.....lax....

X means 10 in roman numerals. Kind of basic knowledge. FE: RD is the second hardest FE in the series, behind Thracia 776. And there were only two for NES and two for SNES. Three for GBA, one for GC, and one for Wii.

And yeah, I agree 100% with the lax part.

^ But not from nintendo themselves though ( hate to be an a**hole)

Edit: not to confuse anyone, this post is at "Man"