By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/9 ~ 1/15

Nintendogamer said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
This will be a horrible year for Wii in Japan (and WW for that matter)

Until DQX arrives.. that should drive Wii sales to the roof (unless it releases with the Wii U). 

Anyways fantastic 3DS and i gotta say PS3 number are quite solid! Vita+ PSP= 40k which isn't to shabby, but Vita looks in a horrible situation. Tales will give it a mild boost, but what can really save the Vita now?!

And fantastic numbers the 3DS quartet especialy MH3G and SM3D Land. Both these games are overperforming! Inazuma not too shabby as well.

And it's quite sad to see the Wii i that state, even though it still is selling software in decent amounts :/. DQX and MP9 this year, but what else is there really?! 

I think DQX will release on wii like 3 months before it comes on Wii U, pushing Wii HW to 50K or less, I think it can finish over 12.5M before end of year,  3DS will go higher possibly with the release of resident evil.

DQX will push the Wii to above 100k, i'm pretty sure about that... scratch that my prediction is at 200k. Japanese like to get the game early, and a lot of people will buy a wii for that (not to mention the bundles)... it just needs to be announced

Around the Network

Ace Combat is a suprisingly good game, better than the console-version. Everyone who owns a 3DS should buy it

spurgeonryan said:
Salnax said:
Spirit Camera could have done worse, as a gimmicky game in a niche genre.

Ace Combat, however, is a disappointment.

I expect ghost camera to stay steady over time with its sales. It should do pretty good in the west as well. Ace combat? On a handheld. It will do fine for what it is. Are you really excited for a handheld Ace Combat game? I wonder some

Guy with 1 in your username. They will continue to sell their popular PSP.

Assuming you're talking to me (who else?), yes, of course they will. But that obviously doesn't work in the long term if they wanna compete with the 3DS.

I'm not sure where you are going with that comment...

I wonder if 3DS will be higher next week due to Resi? Probably not - still, nice sales.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I guessed FF13-2 would drop below 15k this week, woo boy was that a close one lol.

Said it before but the Vita is in pretty bad trouble. I really don't think Sony could absorb a price cut (although some retailers have already implemented their own) and the release schedule for this year is practically barren. I had a look and unless I missed something there isn't a single BIG title this year for Vita in Japan. Or at least not yet announced. FFX remake is a small possibility this year but even then it would be multiplatform with the PS3. Street fighter X Tekken is also a possibility for this year but again a multiplatfom game.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

Can somebody do a comparison between 3DS first month and Vita first month?

That's what Ace get for having a 3 plays demo.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

kowenicki said:
if these numbers are reflected in VGC then

PS3 down slightly, Wii down a lot.

3DS is a beast.

and the 360?

spurgeonryan said:
@ the same guy

No where, as you just said. You asked what they will do? I said continue to sell the PSP while people are still interested. I said nothing about competing.

Oh ok. I assumed that was given :P

flagstaad said:
Can somebody do a comparison between 3DS first month and Vita first month?

Week PSV 3DS
1 322,488 374,164
2 74,104 208,479
3 41,640 100,739
4 42,838 63,358
5 ~ 18361 52,841
  499,431 799,581