By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Yeah, hence:

HaxtonFale said:
It's not a comedy, (...)

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

[01:33] tsundra

Around the Network
HaxtonFale said:

Yeah, hence:

HaxtonFale said:
It's not a comedy, (...)

But it is...

Sure, the second part trys to teach a extremely stupid lesson, but the manga is still hilarious.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hah. If my (poor) memory serves me right, it's definitely not a comedy. A good deal of school drama combined with nice character development, but the only time it gets close to comedy is with Kurosawa's cynical approach...
Also, MAL does not list it as Comedy (though it does show up as Parody). A serious example much closer to comedy genre would be Otaku no Musume-san.

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

BasilZero said:

Anyone know any...uhhh Christmas like anime out there or if there is anything holiday related D:!?

Anyways...been way behind in the anime watching ;x. I need to catch up on One Piece, I think I am on something like episode 560 something D: l0l.

Uh, if you haven't watched Toradora yet... I think the show leaves a bigger impact if watched around christmas...

I second Toradora. It's an incredible show, with a great Christmas insert song. Well, and lots of other great music too.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Anyone know any...uhhh Christmas like anime out there or if there is anything holiday related D:!?

Anyways...been way behind in the anime watching ;x. I need to catch up on One Piece, I think I am on something like episode 560 something D: l0l.

There's that Love Hina Christmas Special.  But I didn't really like the anime for Love Hina.  Gundam Wing Endless Waltz takes place during Christmas time.  One of the battle actually takes place with a fancy jingle bells playing.  Hello Kitty had a Christmas special.

Any good new Shounen?

Hmmm, I wonder what I should watch once I finished To-LOVE ru

Started watching Gintama. Amazing!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
darkknightkryta said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hi , can you guys recommend me some new animes to watch ? Just finished Claymore last night (great anime ), now i was watching Samurai deeper kyo but so far is kinda boring lol

I want animes with great characters and good story please, dont recommend me bleach or naruto etc , i hate those ahah.

for you guys have an idea , my top 5 is this :

evangelion
Rurouni Kenshin ( those movies omg )
gantz
samurai 7
death note

honorable mention : peacemaker kourogane, samurai champloo, elfen lied, claymore :P

Naurto did have amazing characters and stories... first half anyways.  Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Seint Seiya (First series), there's a new anime I saw at a convention that I can't remember what was called I'll let you know when I find out.  Do you like comedies?

Saint seiya i already watched all episodes :D.

Comedies no , the only comedie i  watched was gintama but i got bored in like the 15 episode lol

but thanks xD

Sorry for being 4 months late but I saw a picture of one of the characters in the anime I was talking about, searched the character's name, found the anime (That being said my friend knew and watched the anime and I've been too lazy to ask him).  Anyways as I was saying; I saw the anime at a convention, the episodes are 40 minutes each, or longer.  There are 6 episodes.  Show's name: Katanagatari