By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Soriku said:
c03n3nj0 said:
Anybody know of any good Animes in the fashion of Toradora!, Clannad, Code Geass, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, or Baccano that I can watch!?

I know it's a wide range of genres, but that's exactly why I put them. I'm up for anything quality, really. Have not seen an Anime in two years. Need to get back into it... and I really need a stepping-stone show that I can use to get back in.

Mirai Nikki or Steins Gate.

IMHO it's much better to play Steins;Gate VN instead. The anime goes straight to True End, while the VN makes you earn it, making it much more worthwhile. And I believe that huke's drawings are better than anime art (he's the guy responsible for Black Rock Shooter).

Also, new S;G <3

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

[01:33] tsundra

Around the Network

Is there any really batshit crazy funny shows anyone can recommend me. No One piece though. It took me months to catch up with the manga cant imagine watching the anime :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

For the people who have neon alley, Howard episodes of Blue Exorcist have now been dubbed in English?
I'm interested because although I've got the subtitle release and would also buy the Dubbed release aswell.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Soriku said:
SnakeDrake said:
Is there any really batshit crazy funny shows anyone can recommend me. No One piece though. It took me months to catch up with the manga cant imagine watching the anime :P

Gintama, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

I'd like to add Ouran: Highschool Host Club.

SnakeDrake said:

"Batshit crazy funny shows"? I just happen to know at least a few :D

First and foremost, Daily Lives of High School Boys. Slightly absurd humour, incredible series showing pretty accureately how actual high schoolers behave. Well, in a more or less warped way :)

There's very short, but amusing series called Fireball, a co-production with Disney. Yes, that Disney. Watchable in half an hour, though~

Dog Days is quite funny too. Absurd synopsis (I love those) and quite interesting plot. I think.

From proper comedies there's also Recorder to Randoseru, another amazing show. Very enjoyable, despite 5 minute long episodes.

Kanamemo was a very pleasant watch, slife of life comedy about newspaper delivery girls. Don't let that synopsis deceive you, though - it's much more than that.

Seitokai Yakuindomo is a genuine comedy with... not quite subtle jokes. It's still very funny, since I'm fairly fond of boke & tsukkomi schemes in comedies, and I honestly admire Tsuda for not abandoning his sanity. Oh, on a side note, I suggest getting the TV version. BD's have the censor mosaic (and sounds) removed making it a bit less fun IMHO.

And now that I've run out of decent actual comedies, time for romcoms!

Mayoi Neko Overrun is a show with surprisingly normal synopsis (which doesn't mean it's objectively normal) but with loads of great comedy. And nice art.

MM! is one of the things you watch and at some point you even stop caring to go "dafuq", because that would take up the majority of your time watching it.

If you have some time, I recommend picking up a manga. Especially Fujimura-kun Mates, which managed to stay fresh (and not forced) for seventy four chapters and looks like it can keep up for a while.

I also have other manga titles worth recommending. I could post them if you'd like.

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

Around the Network

Naruto has dropped into complete filler (not just war-filler), and One Piece is headed that way, too (though One Piece rather needs it. They need about 2-3 months of filler to keep at a respectable distance from the manga)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

HaxtonFale said:
SnakeDrake said:

Seitokai Yakuindomo is a genuine comedy with... not quite subtle jokes. It's still very funny, since I'm fairly fond of boke & tsukkomi schemes in comedies, and I honestly admire Tsuda for not abandoning his sanity. Oh, on a side note, I suggest getting the TV version. BD's have the censor mosaic (and sounds) removed making it a bit less fun IMHO.

I also have other manga titles worth recommending. I could post them if you'd like.

Don't really think this fits his description at all. Seitokai isn't crazy or even wacky. It literally beats the same vulgar joke in for 12 episodes. There is no variation and the jokes are delivered the same way each time. It's very cheap humor and I recommend you skip it. The other things listed are far better.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Don't really think this fits his description at all. Seitokai isn't crazy or even wacky. It literally beats the same vulgar joke in for 12 episodes. There is no variation and the jokes are delivered the same way each time. It's very cheap humor and I recommend you skip it. The other things listed are far better.

To each their own, I suppose. I found it quite good, especially in comparison to, say, Mitsudomoe or B Gata H Kei.

HaxtonFale said:
outlawauron said:

To each their own, I suppose. I found it quite good, especially in comparison to, say, Mitsudomoe or B Gata H Kei.

Haven't seen Mitsudomoe, but B Gata H Kei was infinitely more enjoyable. At the very least, I wasn't able to guess the punchline to each joke before it was delivered.

Edit: I will say that Seitokai has an absolutely hilarious Mahou Shoujo parody in the very last episode. Wish the series had more parody and less stupidity. Looking at our MALs, it seems we're at odds on a bunch of shows.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

HaxtonFale said:
SnakeDrake said:

"Batshit crazy funny shows"? I just happen to know at least a few :D

First and foremost, Daily Lives of High School Boys. Slightly absurd humour, incredible series showing pretty accureately how actual high schoolers behave. Well, in a more or less warped way :)

There's very short, but amusing series called Fireball, a co-production with Disney. Yes, that Disney. Watchable in half an hour, though~

Dog Days is quite funny too. Absurd synopsis (I love those) and quite interesting plot. I think.

From proper comedies there's also Recorder to Randoseru, another amazing show. Very enjoyable, despite 5 minute long episodes.

Kanamemo was a very pleasant watch, slife of life comedy about newspaper delivery girls. Don't let that synopsis deceive you, though - it's much more than that.

And now that I've run out of decent actual comedies, time for romcoms!

Mayoi Neko Overrun is a show with surprisingly normal synopsis (which doesn't mean it's objectively normal) but with loads of great comedy. And nice art.

MM! is one of the things you watch and at some point you even stop caring to go "dafuq", because that would take up the majority of your time watching it.

If you have some time, I recommend picking up a manga. Especially Fujimura-kun Mates, which managed to stay fresh (and not forced) for seventy four chapters and looks like it can keep up for a while.

List gets the Stefl1504-approval-stamp

also--- I need to watch the literary girl parts from nichibros again.