By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Soriku said:
Turkish said:

How's Gintama? I'm gonna start watching it next month. I hear good things about the show.

It's Shonen at its finest. But even then it's still not your traditional Shonen series. It starts off slow IMO, the first major serious arc doesn't even start till around 60 eps, but if you stick with it you'll like it a lot.

darkknightkryta said:
Soriku said:
Turkish said:
Soriku said:

All the author's effort went into the last few color pages I guess...

One of my favourite Shonen anime/manga is finishing nooooooooooooooooooo :(

Don't quote the whole thing man.

Manga-wise the only thing I have to look forward to now is Bleach...

Bleach is ending!  But yeah it's gotten really bad, what happened with the Jump?  All that's left is Fairy Tail (For me).

Bleach is on its last arc but it still has a while to go. Also, isn't Naruto starting to get close to the end? I don't read Naruto though.

But anyway all the major series are going to be done relatively soon. Full Metal Alchemist has been over for a while. Reborn just ended. Bleach is on its last arc. Naruto is supposedly starting to reach the end. Out of the big three One Piece will be the only one left in maybe 2 years. Then I guess there's Fairy Tail and Gintama for the other top popular series.

They never officially said Naruto is going to end soon.  It's just assumed because they made power levels so off the scales, there's literally not going to be anyone stronger than Naruto when it's all said and done (And since strategy doesn't matter anymore, there will be no one better).  But they never actually said that Naruto is actually ending, not like with Bleach.

Around the Network

Anyone else really into Working,I could see it turn into a good live action show adaptation as well

Hum i wonder if the new Sailor Moon will be as big and have the same impact as the original.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I forgot about Sailor Moon! I hope it has the same impact, all the "big" anime's are ending soon (Or rather their manga's).

I know it's been a while since I posted here, but I'll never leave you again.

Sword Art is still great, love Tonari as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Just finished Steins;Gate.

I remember watching the first ep when it came out a year and half ago but didn't have much of an interest in it. Next time I watched it I got a few eps in and dropped it. It took a while, but I'm glad I finally took the time to see it through.

Overall, GREAT anime. Slow start but damn does it pick up. Shit starts to get real by the end of episode 11, and by that point it's a rollercoaster. I think it bored me because it was all about doing experiments and such but after ep 11 is when there's some actual conflict and consequences because of the stuff they did until that point. That's when it starts to get REALLY interesting.

Great story and characters. Okabe is one of the best protagonists ever, and Kurisu is one of my favorite female characters as well.

I noticed Steins;Gate is #4 on myanimelist in top anime. Well deserved.

Now I don't know what to watch next. I might go back to Fate/Zero which I dropped like after ep 2 cause I thought it was boring. Are there any animes with interesting/suspensful stories like Steins;Gate? I feel like animes of this kind are hard to come across. I think Mirai Nikki was the last one I watched that was similar. I know Robotics;Note just started but I'll probably wait till it's finished to start it if the reception is good. There's also a Steins;Gate movie coming in Spring 2013 that takes place after the ending but that's a long time from now. Especially since movies take a long time to get subbed.

Also I can't wait to see how Bravely Default's story turns out considering it's the same writer as Steins;Gate, Naotaka Hayashi (though he also had the help from another writer for Steins;Gate).

I blame it all on your young generation! *rabblerabble*

Seriously. Both shows are fantastic, and still don't know how you thought it was boring. At least you got to see the brilliance all the way through.

What's a good shonen to watch? I've started watching Yu Yu Hakusho but I want something to complement it. Yes I'm aware of One Piece but that's more trouble to watch (What with it being so long and all).

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
What's a good shonen to watch? I've started watching Yu Yu Hakusho but I want something to complement it. Yes I'm aware of One Piece but that's more trouble to watch (What with it being so long and all).

Death Note

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple

Umineko When They Cry 

Thanks Basil, though I've been reading through Kenichi.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

Just finished Steins;Gate.

I remember watching the first ep when it came out a year and half ago but didn't have much of an interest in it. Next time I watched it I got a few eps in and dropped it. It took a while, but I'm glad I finally took the time to see it through.

Overall, GREAT anime. Slow start but damn does it pick up. Shit starts to get real by the end of episode 11, and by that point it's a rollercoaster. I think it bored me because it was all about doing experiments and such but after ep 11 is when there's some actual conflict and consequences because of the stuff they did until that point. That's when it starts to get REALLY interesting.

Great story and characters. Okabe is one of the best protagonists ever, and Kurisu is one of my favorite female characters as well.

I noticed Steins;Gate is #4 on myanimelist in top anime. Well deserved.

Now I don't know what to watch next. I might go back to Fate/Zero which I dropped like after ep 2 cause I thought it was boring. Are there any animes with interesting/suspensful stories like Steins;Gate? I feel like animes of this kind are hard to come across. I think Mirai Nikki was the last one I watched that was similar. I know Robotics;Note just started but I'll probably wait till it's finished to start it if the reception is good. There's also a Steins;Gate movie coming in Spring 2013 that takes place after the ending but that's a long time from now. Especially since movies take a long time to get subbed.

Also I can't wait to see how Bravely Default's story turns out considering it's the same writer as Steins;Gate, Naotaka Hayashi (though he also had the help from another writer for Steins;Gate).

I blame it all on your young generation! *rabblerabble*

Seriously. Both shows are fantastic, and still don't know how you thought it was boring. At least you got to see the brilliance all the way through.

Forgive me for I have sinned.

Anyway I've decided to watch Angel Beats. I'm only on ep 3. Not bad so far. Then I think I'll watch Mawaru Penguindrum. Then maybe I'll go back to Fate/Zero.

Angel beats is a good show. However, I would advise against Penguindrum. I absolutely hated the show and I still wonder how people enjoyed it as much as they did. I would avoid it, especially since you have fate/zero behind it.

Bolded =

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:

Angel beats is a good show. However, I would advise against Penguindrum. I absolutely hated the show and I still wonder how people enjoyed it as much as they did. I would avoid it, especially since you have fate/zero behind it.

Bolded =

What didn't you like about it? I heard the story gets interesting as the anime goes.

I was the opposite. I thought it (story and the show as a whole) started well and went from a train wreck to dumpster fire by about episode 17 or 18. I really did not enjoy it.

The last 2-3 episodes weren't horrible, but still has a BS ending.

Now, I did watch it week to week, so that could have impacted my opinion, but still didn't like it.