By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Soriku said:

Just finished Steins;Gate.

I remember watching the first ep when it came out a year and half ago but didn't have much of an interest in it. Next time I watched it I got a few eps in and dropped it. It took a while, but I'm glad I finally took the time to see it through.

Overall, GREAT anime. Slow start but damn does it pick up. Shit starts to get real by the end of episode 11, and by that point it's a rollercoaster. I think it bored me because it was all about doing experiments and such but after ep 11 is when there's some actual conflict and consequences because of the stuff they did until that point. That's when it starts to get REALLY interesting.

Great story and characters. Okabe is one of the best protagonists ever, and Kurisu is one of my favorite female characters as well.

I noticed Steins;Gate is #4 on myanimelist in top anime. Well deserved.

Now I don't know what to watch next. I might go back to Fate/Zero which I dropped like after ep 2 cause I thought it was boring. Are there any animes with interesting/suspensful stories like Steins;Gate? I feel like animes of this kind are hard to come across. I think Mirai Nikki was the last one I watched that was similar. I know Robotics;Note just started but I'll probably wait till it's finished to start it if the reception is good. There's also a Steins;Gate movie coming in Spring 2013 that takes place after the ending but that's a long time from now. Especially since movies take a long time to get subbed.

Also I can't wait to see how Bravely Default's story turns out considering it's the same writer as Steins;Gate, Naotaka Hayashi (though he also had the help from another writer for Steins;Gate).

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote there, (mayushii > kurisu) after epis 11 the story really kicks in, I am not kidding when I say I felt a surprised and sad when I saw how the story was unfolding... great ending as well.

I recently finished 2 animes Sakamichi no Apollon and nazo no kanoyo x...

Sakamichi no Apollon: Amazing! it is very sad that animes like this are normally underestimated and not taken seriously. The plot is very warming, sometimes cheesy, but the pace of the story is nice. The characters are very very likeable, their stories are kind of sad, but Watanabe-dono focused on showing how they endured the all the things that happened to them testing their friendship. The music is something I always looks forward either from a game, anime, movie, anything and this anime didnot dissapoint. After all is Yoko kanno we are talking about. Shinichiro Watanabe + Yoko Kanno!!!

nazo no kanoyo x... I really liked this anime, the animation of the last chapters was amazing, simply stunning! The story is a bit slow, but it is fine, Urabe is really likeable, even though the drool part was really odd. I loved the opening and ending as well.

I am probably going to start watching sankarea (I used to read the anime something ago) and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

I'm just going to come in here and say Clannad is my all time favorite anime ( if you didn't guess that already by my avatar)

Ugh soo many animus to watch. So many games I need to finish instead :(

Double post.

Panty and Stocking is back, hoo yeah!

Too bad they're sticking with that idiotic twist where Stocking is evil. Hopefully she switches back at some point

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

chiyahafuru 2 --> I finished watching it just on tim lol

minami-ke 4 -> holy cow, I watched the three season just for the sake of it... well more Kana is always welcome

boku wa tomodachi 2 -> hmm... I thought the ending was fine, I just hope it doesnt turn out a lot of stupid fanservice...

da capo --> more? really??

maria-sama -> FTW!

phi brain -> backlog

full metal panic -> well, I am waiting for spice and wolf III, so this is good news...

rozen maiden-> alright, I'll take it...

Some animes are looking nice, shaft seems to be the old good shaft, I like it!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

So I just found out they put HD Stand Alone Complex on PSN, do any other online services have Stand Alone Complex HD with 5.1 audio (PSN is 2.0 Stereo)? Blurays of the seasons were never released here and the jap ones cost way too much.

BasilZero said:
darkknightkryta said:
So I just found out they put HD Stand Alone Complex on PSN, do any other online services have Stand Alone Complex HD with 5.1 audio (PSN is 2.0 Stereo)? Blurays of the seasons were never released here and the jap ones cost way too much.

Only thing I found anything related to it unfortunately: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?13524-Ghost-In-the-Shell-Stand-Alone-Complex-S1-available-in-HD-on-YouTube-PSN-and-Xbox-Live

Speaking of the anime, I need to re-watch it, saw it back on CN/Adult Swim long time ago but always fell asleep cause they always aired it at midnight or 1am my time.

Turns out Manga has it for free on their youtube channel.  Nice

So Katekyo Hitman Reborn! offically ended!!!!! Damn its been like 6 years O_0. I like a lot of the characters Hebari, Mukuro, Gokudera and Yamamoto probably my favs.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Soriku said:
SnakeDrake said:
So Katekyo Hitman Reborn! offically ended!!!!! Damn its been like 6 years O_0. I like a lot of the characters Hebari, Mukuro, Gokudera and Yamamoto probably my favs.

Oh man the ending was such a piece of crap. I didn't expect it to end so suddenly, and nothing was resolved.

Seriously, what the hell happened? The manga suddenly fell apart at literally the last 2-3 chapters of the last arc with the whole another species crap and the easy solution to the Trinisette stuff without the need for Arcobalenos and how Checkerface simply agreed no fuss no hassle. After the awesome fights with Jager and Bermuda we get this?

Then this ending. Nothing even happened. Tsuna still didn't say he wanted to become the Vongola boss and he didn't even choose between Kyoko or Haru or anything (though this is a lot less important IMO). He's just going to continue to get tutored (for god knows how long). Really, the only thing Tsuna got out of it was "I HAVE FRIENDS" derp.

Though if the Future arc is any evidence, he does agree to becoming a boss eventually. But this is not how the manga should've ended. At the end Tsuna should've officially became a boss, and not necessarily detach, but move away from Reborn as a tutor, same as how Dino did. But of course, he'd still stay in contact with Tsuna as it's not like he avoided Dino after he finished tutoring him.

Ran out of ideas I guess. I mean they really wanted to rush the ending. I was soooooooooooooooo disappointed when the simon family was eliminated so early. And the fights in this arc was kind of shory. I mean in the Simon arc fights where like 3 chapters long. And WTF Tsuna ulitmate dying will felt like a faceplam. He's basically a dragon ball character. Also Tsuna some how became a butterfly popping out of his body. The aliens part made my jaw dropped it felt so out of place I cant even put it into words.

And yeah nothing was resolve so after 6 years Tsuna is basically the same only now he has friends. Man they must of really wanted to work on something new as soon as possible.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share