By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

DemoniOtaku said:
Soriku said:
DemoniOtaku said:

Kenichi I don't think it will end soon... I think that wil "start to end" the next year like Naruto two years ago.. 3 more years ahead have that manga...

Naruto, I think must end next year.. I hope it don't get extend and dragged like bleach...

And Bleach with all those double pages and half pages that the mangaka gives us every week... i Think will last more than those two... normally a shounen-manga-based anime needs 3 chapters of manga to make a animated episoded... Bleach needs 5 or 6... that's the reason were so much fillers and why it ended the anime unfinished like happenned to Rurouni Kenshin on 90's... :( I like Tite Kubo's Artwork, but he Just waste to much space... with blank backgrounds and those double pages...-___- that are so common that aren't impressive anymore...

This is not true at all. Many animes just do 1 1/2 manga chapters into one ep. Hell One Piece is like 1 chapter per ep which means no fillers but the pacing sucks and they drag out eps with so many pauses. I'd rather they just do a filler arc, I forget about it for a while, then come back to awesomeness.

This is why I love Gintama which is a long series as well. Eps use more than one chapter and the pacing is great. It's on its second hiatus due to getting close to the manga, but it'll be back and as awesome as ever.

Well That's true...that happenwith somemangas...like Medaka Box that easily could do two anime epswith one chapter of  the manga XD but inconventional Battle-based-shounen-manga... usually3 chapters of manga= on chapter of anime... isa average based on what I have watched not a fact actually...

and about those "drag out eps with so many pauses" Yeah, one piece have it from time in time... but not so notorious as Naruto... that seem like a cheap Soap Drama...-___-¡

One Piece hasn't had a filler arc (that is, more than one-off fillers) since the 5-episode promo for Strong World which they aired partway through the Impel Down arc, and that was years ago. They have been dragging their feet in getting to the fighting in the Fishman Island Arc, but this is Toei, after all...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
xKakashi209x said:
Does anyone believe Bones will remake Soul Eater just like FMA?

They're not comparable dude, FMA was remade because manga wasn't finished during the original run. Soul Eater ended with no alternate conclusion, it just stopped airing. They can just start making new seasons where they left off.

Same thing with soul eater the anime caught up to manga so they made their own crappy ending just like fma. The manga is still going and its by far one of the best mangas I have read. It would be great anime material.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Hi , can you guys recommend me some new animes to watch ? Just finished Claymore last night (great anime ), now i was watching Samurai deeper kyo but so far is kinda boring lol

I want animes with great characters and good story please, dont recommend me bleach or naruto etc , i hate those ahah.

for you guys have an idea , my top 5 is this :

evangelion
Rurouni Kenshin ( those movies omg )
gantz
samurai 7
death note

honorable mention : peacemaker kourogane, samurai champloo, elfen lied, claymore :P

Naurto did have amazing characters and stories... first half anyways.  Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Seint Seiya (First series), there's a new anime I saw at a convention that I can't remember what was called I'll let you know when I find out.  Do you like comedies?

I didn't check the thread for this, but does anyone like Clannad? Watched the whole thing...man that is my favorite show of all time.

www.speedkittens.com

greymay said:

I didn't check the thread for this, but does anyone like Clannad? Watched the whole thing...man that is my favorite show of all time.

I keep hearing that one is good but i need to check it out.

Around the Network
xKakashi209x said:
Omg someone else in here loves gintama! Lol It's one of my favorite anime and mangas. They are just pure win.

Kinda bound to happen, don't you think? Gintama is incredibly popular!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

bookmarking for later

Naruto is nearing the conclusion and it's getting really intense. So anyone who was turned off by the fillers - there probably won't be any more of them

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

outlawauron said:
xKakashi209x said:
Omg someone else in here loves gintama! Lol It's one of my favorite anime and mangas. They are just pure win.

Yeah it is but here in the U.S everyone that I talked to pretty much hate it lol.

xKakashi209x said:
outlawauron said:
xKakashi209x said:

Yeah it is but here in the U.S everyone that I talked to pretty much hate it lol.

This is the reflection of user ratings on MAL which has over 300,000 active users predominantly from the US. It has Gintama S1 and S2 in the top 5. Talk to more people!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.