By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Having caught up to Fairy Tail (which makes me current to the three still-running major shonen anime) i've started Puella Magi Madoka Magica at the request of several friends, though i know some points of the plot (harvesting to prevent universal entropy or something like that), i still find it decently surprising

One wonders what gruesome fate Sayaka's beau is going to meet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Loving Nisemonogatari, on episode 8 atm!

Anyone know Kaiki's theme name?

http://myanimelist.net/character/53641/Deishu_Kaiki

^ In case no one knows who I am talking about and what : the orchestral theme that plays when you see him 90% of the time.

I don't believe the OST is out, but it should be soon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yes, Kore Wa Zombie Desuka? is finally here.

First episode was great, but I notice they used a lot of the same jokes in the first season. Still great all around.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Sooo... anybody else watching sankarea? Sankarea's old man is just sick >:(

Also the ending of ep 2 was quite unexpected...

So I got around to a few shows. Medaka Box, Space Bros, Acchi Kocchi, and Eureka Seven Ao.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
So I got around to a few shows. Medaka Box, Space Bros, Acchi Kocchi, and Eureka Seven Ao.

How is it faring? Looked pretty interesting from the trailer I seen. Guess, Medaka Box is something that I should get round seeing.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Kamal said:
outlawauron said:

How is it faring? Looked pretty interesting from the trailer I seen. Guess, Medaka Box is something that I should get round seeing.

Good story and good characters for sure. It should be pretty good!

outlawauron said:
Kamal said:
outlawauron said:

Good story and good characters for sure. It should be pretty good!

How about Eureka Seven Ao? Really enjoyed that series for its characters on Adult Swim back in the day. Renton i feel is what Shinji from Eva *should* have been.

I myself recently finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I saw something like that ending coming: bittersweet and involving outwitting the trap Kyubey had them all in, but it was still fairly satisfying. Next i think comes Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I watched up until Kamina's Death on SciFi channel back in 2008, then was all "fuck you Gainax," and didn't bother watching until a few days ago when a friend was introducing another friend to the series on DVD, watched up through the discovery of Nia and Simone getting out of his funk, so my interest has, four years hence, been restored.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Need to bump this thread on my forum buddy so i will say something completely irrelevant, like which anime I have watched at least one episode this season:

Sankarea
Kore wa zombie desu ka?! OTD
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Acchi Kocchi
Upotte!

I will probably watch Medaka Box tomorrow night - tonight is towa no quon night :D

Soriku said:
Eureka Seven Ao is OK so far. Like the original it'll probably continue to be slow for a while then pick up. There doesn't seem to be anything like Gekkostate in this one though :/ So I expect the original to probably be better.

Kids on the Slope (new Shinjiro Watanabe/Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo creator adaption) is pretty good so far and different. They're adapting 9 volumes of manga into 12 eps so I expect it to be pretty good and well paced in the end.

Might try Medaka Box.

Surely you can't be serious. If true, that is horrendously fast paced. It generally takes a show at least 3 or 4 episodes to cover a single volume. Shoot, Spaces Bros first episode was just the first chapter of the manga!