By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

AstroGamer said:
zarx said:

Mekaku City Actors sounds like Hamatora which I dropped last season because the first episode didn't really grab me. Is it better than that? Did Hamatora end up being good?

Hamatora ended up okay. Mekaku City Actors has the benefit of Shaft animating it which makes it look really interesting. Whereas hamatora was like Japanese X-men, Mekaku City Actors is I guess like Kickass as far as I can tell. 

Speaking of Kickass, if you haven't already watched Samurai Flamenco, watch it. It starts off like a Kickass-ish show and then escalates beyond your wildest dreams

Didn't like the poste escelation Samurai Flamenco myself, show got pogressively less funny as it went on. But then again I don't really have a history with a lot of the shows they were paying homage to so maybe that was why.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Good God what the hell did Toei do to Dragon Ball? O_O

Lumikki said:

Currently watching Btooom! The protagonist reminds me of Yagami Light from Death Note, though not because his nature, but his looks.

If you like it, you can continue the story with the manga :)

It's a good one, i like survival manga after all.

darkknightkryta said:

That bad huh?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

How did I not know about this thread o.o

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Around the Network
zarx said:
darkknightkryta said:

That bad huh?

They half assed the capture, if they actually captured the footage again.  They got the guy from Battle of the Gods to score music and it's absolutely atrocious.  Not only that, but my Blu-rays for Kai are going to be so inconsistent now.  4 volumes of Dragon Ball Z arrangement to go into this crap for the rest of the Boo saga.  With the footage quite possibly looking worse than Funimations new Blu-rays, which look bad enough.

Just signed up for Crunchyroll, as it's available both on my PS4 and Vita. Can anyone give me a couple of current season recommendations that I can watch there, my taste is fairly broad so just fire away. Thanks...

@Hankoney

for this season I'd suggest Mushishi

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Just watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica on netflix. OMG it was amazing :D

Put it as my 2nd favorite anime of all time

Akiran said:

@Hankoney

for this season I'd suggest Mushishi

Thanks, that does sound, and look, interesting.