By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KylieDog said:
MAG was a farce, it claims 256 player but the way it breaks up the maps and squads it may as well of just had 4 seperate games of 32 vs 32.

Just caus u dont see the other people doesnt mean their not there

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
KylieDog said:
MAG was a farce, it claims 256 player but the way it breaks up the maps and squads it may as well of just had 4 seperate games of 32 vs 32.

English Grammar isn't that hard to figure out. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
chris.m95 said:
KylieDog said:

Yeah that comment was laughable. 

maverick40 said:
Runa216 said:
chris.m95 said:
KylieDog said:

Yeah that comment was laughable. 

Just caus i is from birmingham? :P Nah i gotta be honest my language was pretty appauling but i never knew it mattered

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Like others have said they did poorly with socom 4 . and how well did mag sell any way, does any one have the numbers?

Around the Network

MAG is an excellent and underrated FPS. If you are a noob COD player you will not do good in MAG. That Rambo sh!t does not work in MAG at all. It is a deep game with heavy emphasis on strategy. My only gripe and missed opportunity with this game is that Sony was F....KING STUPID and didnt offer a free headset with it because communication is CRUCIAL. I hated joining a 256 player game with only 1 other person in my squad with a headset. I guarantee the game would have sold nearly double if they followed that strategy. I am going to school for marketing and I hope to get the marketing manager fired and take his place because he has been absolutely pathetic this gen. Also as much as I like Kevin Butler, using him to promote the sharpshooter AND Resistance 3 at the same time was really stupid. A "dear playstation" commercial would have been slightly better, but the best idea would have been to use a real life setting of people riding the NYC subway mimicking that original Resistance 3 old school trailer, followed by a quick battle in times square in the winter and culminating with some gameplay that shows the sense of urgency the world faces against the chimera threat. Seriously though, sorry for ranting but watching a marketing department fail on the most basic levels taught to me in a few classes is frustrating: Lacking the ability to define a target market; lack of product identity (ps3 as a blu ray player should be the last thing pushed, not first), horrible promotion of product due to point 3; horrible advertising. If you want to truly advertise your game and attract a customer take a page out of M$ book. Their games are far from the best in genre BUT you still feel you have to buy them ie: the first Gears of War commercial showing Marcus Fenix in the ruined city looking at the skull he picks up, and the Master Chief Halo 3 commercial when he's a child and then showing present day with the "flame shield". THAT is how you advertise and make people go "I WANT THAT GAME!!!"

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.