By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Federal court overturns Oklahoma ban on Sharia law

http://news.yahoo.com/court-oklahoma-cant-enforce-sharia-law-ban-011240179.html

I find this whole case rather peculiar. It is constitutionally clear that Islamic law cannot supercede local, state, or municipal law (or in any case be itself instituted in its entirety, because its a first-amendment violation) and the entirety of its use seems to be in small matters of contract negotiation amongst what has to be a very tiny Muslim community in Oklahoma. It seemed to be one of those laws that was passed to prevent something from happening that can't happen anyway, and in itself became the very thing it was trying to fight (e.g. state ban on specific religion).

An ill-thought-out endeavor from the people of Oklahoma

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

the way the right act in america is nuts. i really thing the stuff they do is to entice a holy jihad. same way they do stuff to try to start race wars. america is full of psychos ready to go for it now.

its funny how study after study showed the most acts and threats of terrorism come from the right but its always swept under the rug

gameonbro said:
the way the right act in america is nuts. i really thing the stuff they do is to entice a holy jihad. same way they do stuff to try to start race wars. america is full of psychos ready to go for it now.

its funny how study after study showed the most acts and threats of terrorism come from the right but its always swept under the rug

I'm curious about this. Could you point me to these studies, please?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
gameonbro said:

I could believe it. For whatever reason, the left wing (and i'm talking fringe left here) isn't very militarized, although you saw more violence from Occupy than from the equivalent Tea Party in the right, the far fringe left in America is generally more peacable, barring the eco-terrorists who are still more like large-scale vandals. The fringe right in America, however, has been quite scary from the 90's on ahead.

I would imagine incidents (whether these are threats, plots, or executed plots) from the American fringe right outnumber those of radicalized Muslims operating in the USA, but that many of them are minor and, while not being swept under the rug as gameonbro stated, are just not big enough to be noticeable

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Personally I'd go all the way instead of simply banning Sharia, but oh well.

Around the Network

Sharia Law has no business being in any civilized soceity

Mr Khan said:
mrstickball said:
gameonbro said:

I could believe it. For whatever reason, the left wing (and i'm talking fringe left here) isn't very militarized, although you saw more violence from Occupy than from the equivalent Tea Party in the right, the far fringe left in America is generally more peacable, barring the eco-terrorists who are still more like large-scale vandals. The fringe right in America, however, has been quite scary from the 90's on ahead.

I would imagine incidents (whether these are threats, plots, or executed plots) from the American fringe right outnumber those of radicalized Muslims operating in the USA, but that many of them are minor and, while not being swept under the rug as gameonbro stated, are just not big enough to be noticeable

I think that's based almost completley on your definition of Leftwing... for this to be true I  think you'd have to make two conclusions.

1) Anarchists don't count as Left Wing because no government = smaller government.

However generally, Anarchists tend to vote Leftwing and are left leaning as seen by the fact that they are a big part of Occupy Wallstreet or at least were starting off.

2) Communist terrorist/freedom forces like FARC don't count as leftwing because while they preach communist revolution, they're probably going to just implement a generic dictatorship that replaces the last one.

Really a "what they say vs what they do."  Either way it's terrorism in the name of Leftwing Ideals.

Additionally, I'd watch out for some possible leftwing terrorism in Greece.  They're trying to liberalize their economy.  The last time that happened the minister in charge was killed.  The groups are out there.  They just haven't really had much reason to act lately.

Mr Khan said:
mrstickball said:
gameonbro said:

timothy mcveigh was very noticeable also the loon that crash a plane into the tax building.  hell they showed up around the president with guns.  then the whole water the tree thing.  since obama was elected the right really dont care what they say or do.

Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
mrstickball said:
gameonbro said:

I think that's based almost completley on your definition of Leftwing... for this to be true I  think you'd have to make two conclusions.

1) Anarchists don't count as Left Wing because no government = smaller government.

However generally, Anarchists tend to vote Leftwing and are left leaning as seen by the fact that they are a big part of Occupy Wallstreet or at least were starting off.

2) Communist terrorist/freedom forces like FARC don't count as leftwing because while they preach communist revolution, they're probably going to just implement a generic dictatorship that replaces the last one.

Really a "what they say vs what they do."  Either way it's terrorism in the name of Leftwing Ideals.

Additionally, I'd watch out for some possible leftwing terrorism in Greece.  They're trying to liberalize their economy.  The last time that happened the minister in charge was killed.  The groups are out there.  They just haven't really had much reason to act lately.

for what i saw from the right since 2008.  the republican congress were the anarchists.   they would rather destroy the government and this country than help the president pass bs right wing laws that they in the past created.  but the populate as a whole is so stupid they let them get away with it and the so called msm dont help.   you have a right wing propaganda machine worst than al jazeera and the other networks that 90% of the time have republicans on the air talking lies out of their dung hole but theres noone there for rebuttal and host sit there and let it go on instead of punching them in their dicklickers with facts.

gameonbro said:
Kasz216 said:
Mr Khan said:
mrstickball said:
gameonbro said:

for what i saw from the right since 2008.  the republican congress were the anarchists.   they would rather destroy the government and this country than help the president pass bs right wing laws that they in the past created.  but the populate as a whole is so stupid they let them get away with it and the so called msm dont help.   you have a right wing propaganda machine worst than al jazeera and the other networks that 90% of the time have republicans on the air talking lies out of their dung hole but theres noone there for rebuttal and host sit there and let it go on instead of punching them in their dicklickers with facts.

You, nor Mr. Khan have answered my question. You said there were studies that proved that right wing groups undertook more terrorist activities. I want that study, please.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.