Do you like this?

Yup:) 44 55.00%

No! >:( 5 6.25%

Netrual 6 7.50%

These sales are so awesome! 24 30.00%

These sales make me sad :( 1 1.25%

Total:80
killeryoshis said:
How nice! 3DS beats the DS in Japan. Though will the 3DS continue its explosion? Next year will be fun

you mean this year :P

This is great now lets see if people still say its Do0m3D!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Even Pachter will have to agree 3DS isn't d0m3d anymore!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BasilZero said:
@ poll, who wouldnt like it? This is great news, you got one of the best companies in the world still staying strong and making up for the losses they made in the last 2 generations (GCN and the N64 even though they may of made it up with the NDS and the Wii though ;p).

Erm, what? Nintendo have been very profitable throughout those generations, from day one. Even during the GameCube era, they never lost a dime, but made healthy profits continually, unlike both Sony and Microsoft. How did you come up with that info?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

NintendoPie said:
killeryoshis said:
NintendoPie said:
killeryoshis said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Wheres Vita?

Sales are non existent! Because it hasn't launched yet. The true launch will happen sometime late next year when monster hunter comes out :p

Yes it did horrible outside its launch week.

I thought we had a conversation about this KillerYoshis? We don't want to dissapoint the Sony Fans. ;)

oh I forgot I will change my quote!

Sadly Sony lost the exclusivity of it's big MH sales.... *sarcasm*

So true. By the time Monster Hunter releases on Vita no one will buy it. lol

Roma said:

killeryoshis said:
How nice! 3DS beats the DS in Japan. Though will the 3DS continue its explosion? Next year will be fun

you mean this year :P

This is great now lets see if people still say its Do0m3D!!

Opps my mind is still in 2011 mode lol

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

BasilZero said:
Cheebee said:
BasilZero said:
@ poll, who wouldnt like it? This is great news, you got one of the best companies in the world still staying strong and making up for the losses they made in the last 2 generations (GCN and the N64 even though they may of made it up with the NDS and the Wii though ;p).

Erm, what? Nintendo have been very profitable throughout those generations, from day one. Even during the GameCube era, they never lost a dime, but made healthy profits continually, unlike both Sony and Microsoft. How did you come up with that info?

I never said anything about overall profit.

They made losses not in overall profit, but losses in terms of sales and control of the market against competition during the two generations. The PS1 and the PS2 outperformed the N64 and GCN in terms of sale and to make it worse, the Xbox offered itself as a obstacle for Nintendo's already difficult rivalry with Sony during the early 2000s.  You dont need information or a source to know that.

And you don't need a source to know that sales do not equal success. Fact is both Sony and Microsoft made heavy losses during the last gen, while Nintendo didn't. Yes, Nintendo lost marketshare, and sold less consoles, obviously, but at the same time they made money off every system sold, while their competitors didn't.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Is Pyrrhic victory a victory that you wanted?

Incredible stuff, and what a comeback for Nintendo!

BasilZero said:
Cheebee said:
BasilZero said:
Cheebee said:
BasilZero said:

I never said anything about overall profit.

They made losses not in overall profit, but losses in terms of sales and control of the market against competition during the two generations. The PS1 and the PS2 outperformed the N64 and GCN in terms of sale and to make it worse, the Xbox offered itself as a obstacle for Nintendo's already difficult rivalry with Sony during the early 2000s.  You dont need information or a source to know that.

And you don't need a source to know that sales do not equal success. Fact is both Sony and Microsoft made heavy losses during the last gen, while Nintendo didn't. Yes, Nintendo lost marketshare, and sold less consoles, obviously, but at the same time they made money off every system sold, while their competitors didn't.

I never said anything about Nintendo not having any success or profit, read my post again, they made losses in market share where they dominated originally against Atari and Sega. Sony scooped up marketshare for 2 generations, Microsoft didnt help it anymore than Sony in this last generation.

Its nice that Nintendo is back with the Wii/3DS/NDS but they have some issues still. Because of what Sony did, it put a dent in the software for them in terms of third party software which they still havent fully recovered since the N64/PS1 era, which is also another loss.

You also have to realize that Nintendo only has a gaming division, unlike $ony and M$ who have other divisions other than gaming right? No surprise they would have losses since they would have to use whatever money they have in budget on all divisions and if their systems didnt have a good start on selling against their competitors than of course their gonna get losses, while Nintendo has abundance of money to focus on what they do best and at a efficient rate.

Edit: So wait from your post are you saying Sony did not make anything from PS1/PS2? lol

Sony made money during from the PS1 and the PS2, but the PS3 caused them to lose billions and pretty much all of the profit that they made from the PS1/PS2.

Until the 3DS Nintendo had always sold their hardware at a profit. That's why they made as much money as Sony during the PS1/PS2 era even though they weren't the market leaders.

Anyway, congrats to the 3DS on having such a great year in Japan. I picked up two 3DS' myself in Japan during 2011. My blue one on launch day and the red one for my gf as a christmas present.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"