By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo "Developed" game do you want to see with the Wii U launch?

Which franchise?

Mario 142 30.47%

Kirby 4 0.86%

Donkey Kong 34 7.30%

Racing (F-Zero or something) 57 12.23%

Wii Sports type of game 19 4.08%

Other (Metroid, Icarus, etc) 141 30.26%

Do what they did with the 3DS 8 1.72%

See resultz 61 13.09%

Total:466

New super mario bros Mii. Mario, luigi, my bother and me on the same screen!!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Hopefully Mario sales wise, but if I didn't really care about sales I would say Kirby! :)

If they make DKCR2, I'll be seriously tempted to buy it at launch. I woundn't mind Starfox either, and of course Metroid is always welcome.

spurgeonryan said:
sethnintendo said:

Voted for Mario since that would be the best option for a system seller and a kick ass game.

We can all hope. Although your track record with voting (cough..willow) is not...lol nevermind.

Do you want a traditional one, a galaxy title or a 2D co-op type of game?

What do you think would sell more consoles? Wii sports 3 or Mario based game?

What would really throw Nintendo to the top of tops on the Pre-Order and FW Sales Charts would be to do a "one, two punch" sort of thing. They could come out with a 2D Mario and a new Wii Sports 3. They would make Wii Sports Bundle/Sell on shelf (Launch Title) and then have the 2D Mario out by October/EARLY November, that would sell Wii U's like madness! *Also they should then get out a Mario Kart 'U' around mid to late December*. And BOOM! A *billion seller! (and I think the Wii U will come out around September-SUPER early November.)

*sarcasm. ;) *probably not going to happen.

BasilZero said:
Remake Super Mario World with Super Mario Galaxy controls, there ya go Nintendo, chop chop~

Why would they do that when Super Mario World controls better?

Around the Network

Pik frickin min! I am tired of waiting, though I can now wait a little longer as I don't want it to be on the Wii.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

I still think this is going to be the first hardware launch with a 2D Mario since the SNES.

I mean, it's possible that they'll use 2D Mario as a booster in case of emergency, and give us something else (like 3D Mario) if they think that the system will sell well enough on its own without it, but they said they learned from the 3DS. I hope that takes them in this direction.

SMB 6

Finnbar said:
Pik frickin min! I am tired of waiting, though I can now wait a little longer as I don't want it to be on the Wii.

Indeed.  I think there's actually a very good chance of Pikmin 3 being a launch game (or at least launch window).

A proper New Super Mario Bros sequel, but NOT WITH F***ING MIIS.