By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Over 4.5M Wii and over 4M 3DS sold in US in 2011

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

Someone on GAF said the Wii LTD as of Nove was 37.75, so at least 1.25m in Dec. If they did 1.25m in Dec that's 4.70~ for the year, which is plausible as they said over 4.5m

Perhaps, but if its 39.4 and they said 39.0 that seems a bit of a difference to me when they are talking about install base.  They would have said approaching 39.5 if it was 39.4.

Haven't Nintendo got previous for being vague with their 'over XXmillion' statements? Such as 'over 3million' Dec 09 NPD being 3.9million.

VGChartz

Around the Network
Seece said:
Wii LTD as of Nov was 37.60~ so 1.4m~ for Wii in Dec NPD?

No it's 37.7M actually :) November 26th, so 1.4M for Dec sounds about right, exacly what I predeicted.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Hmm so if my back of the napkin math is correct Wii and DS last year in the US did a combined 15.8 million, this year without the 3DS the Wii and DS did 8 million. -49% drop. Even with the 3DS, nintendo overall hardware fell. That's not good at all.

milkyjoe said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

Someone on GAF said the Wii LTD as of Nove was 37.75, so at least 1.25m in Dec. If they did 1.25m in Dec that's 4.70~ for the year, which is plausible as they said over 4.5m

Perhaps, but if its 39.4 and they said 39.0 that seems a bit of a difference to me when they are talking about install base.  They would have said approaching 39.5 if it was 39.4.

Haven't Nintendo got previous for being vague with their 'over XXmillion' statements? Such as 'over 3million' Dec 09 NPD being 3.9million.

Yup, I find it hard to believe they would say 4.5m for Wii and not 3DS (if it made it) and 5m for Wii if it was above that. and 3.6m for DS is pretty specific.

All their individual figures add up to 11.9m, I can't imagin this time around it's going to be whoppingly off that.

But then we also have lifetime totals and yearly totals from them, so there is only so much they can be over on those numbers.

3DS also looks to be over tracked by about 600K. on the plus side looks like DS will be under tracked by about 550K.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Great, now all the doomers can shut up! :D

Holy crap @ DS numbers!!

Dont know what you mean really?

With reference to the Wii in the US:

4.5m 2011

7.3m 2010

9.0m 2009

I meant about 3DS

Galaki said:
spurgeonryan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

2011 is doomed!

Actually, we're supposed to be doomed at the end of 2012. Hurray to 2012!

End of days! End of days!

funny how much more optimistic nintendo is about skyward then the people at vgchartz

Galaki said:
spurgeonryan said:
miz1q2w3e said:

2011 is doomed!

Actually, we're supposed to be doomed at the end of 2012. Hurray to 2012!

2012 is the year of the Do0m3D!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NTDOY jumped 4% today

https://www.google.com/finance?q=TYO:7974

Doomed i guess

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.