By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VgChartz is mistaken. In Spain: Wii>PS3 [thread in Spanish]

Wow.

This is... unexpected. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Durka Durka Durka, durka durk, durka durka durka! I speak spanish now! YAY!

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Man, you missed something important from that link:

"De los diez videojuegos más vendidos en 2007 para las plataformas portátiles de nueva generación, un 80% son juegos desarrollados para Nintendo DS (incluyendo Brain Training #1, Más Brain Training #3, Pokémon Diamante #4 y Animal Crossing Wild World #5). Por último, del listado de los diez videojuegos más vendidos en 2007 para consolas de sobremesa de nueva generación, un 60% son juegos desarrollados para Wii (entre ellos, Wii Play #1, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess #2 y Big Brain Academy Wii Dregree #6)."

Rough and short: Of the ten most sold games for portables, 80% were for NDS(in braces games, can read yourself). Finally, of the ten most sold games for next gen consoles, 60% are for the wii(again read above, no need to retype)

so 8 of 10 and 6 of 10 respectively.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ioi said:
Interesting article and AC Nielson are a reputable source.

Could someone please translate the whole article and also the spanish article Diomedes quoted in the other thread. I am keen to find out exactly what they are both saying.

Thanks

I demand a huge amount of VG$ for my services

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

ioi, you are mistaken. the analysis of comparing vgchartz numbers was done by our spanish speaking friend and thread opnener.

click the link, then see full article....

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Yuk04 said:
That makes more sense, I know that Spain is the land of the raising Sony but, it is as well a land of not a lot of young people with high incomes.

The Wii it is still considered as an affordable console, contrary to the PS3 image.

---------------------

Fun anecdote:

i went back to Spain for xmas and went to a game shop to buy some games for my family. The clerk shop said something totally unexpected about the 360. We all know that Spain is Sony land and the Wii is selling really well.

Apparently, there's an underground 360 community growing, which of course will not overtake on the sales of this year but, she mention that the core gamers were buying the 360 instead of the PS3 and lots of games with it (the always important attach rate)

Useless to say that this is just an anecdote from a shop on a little city but, to think that a clerk from Game (we all know how they are) would actually say that the 360 was starting to sell to a core audience very loyal in a small Spanish city is really funny.

It felt like I was witnessing the little village from Asterix, resisting against the Sony empire

That would be ironic given that Asterix is a parable about resistance to American cultural imperialism.

Regarding the figures: I don't speak Spanish and had to auto translate, but the figures seem rather confusing as one set of data (AC Nielsen's percentages) is being applied to another (VGChartz number of units sold).

It would also still seem to suggest that the PS3 has been outselling the Wii on a weekly basis, as it is comparing 12 months of Wii sales versus 9 months of PS3 sales (I think). But then it says something about Wii outselling the 360 & PS3 combined in the latter half of the year. Clarification?

ioi said:

So according to their analysis, which compares our figures for 2007 upto Sep 9th and Nielsons marketshare percentages, Wii and DS are undertracked.

Given we have actual Spain data upto that point I am a little sceptical but as always will look into it further. Spain has always been a strong market for Sony and weak for Nintendo...

Spain looks itself like UK. Not to have been UK always of Sony?

Played_Out said:

That would be ironic given that Asterix is a parable about resistance to American cultural imperialism.

Regarding the figures: I don't speak Spanish and had to auto translate, but the figures seem rather confusing as one set of data (AC Nielsen's percentages) is being applied to another (VGChartz number of units sold).

It would also still seem to suggest that the PS3 has been outselling the Wii on a weekly basis, as it is comparing 12 months of Wii sales versus 9 months of PS3 sales (I think). But then it says something about Wii outselling the 360 & PS3 combined in the latter half of the year. Clarification?

As Faxanadu said, that part is not from the article, it was written by the original poster. The article clearly states that according to AC Nielsen, the Wii was the top selling console of 2007.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

"vii" 40% in Sony country(spain) hihi
Ps3 really bad

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

if that's really true.....then it quite good!! :)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!