By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Skyrim stats/discussion thread.

Tagged games:

Barozi said:
yo_john117 said:
Barozi said:

Damn how did you get your bow to do 273 damage? I have all the damage perks for archery and have the bow is legendary and I have 160% extra bow damage and it does way less damage then your bow does.

you got all 5 levels of the first archery perk ?

oh also used smithing enhancing enchantment, to get better armor and weapon damage.

Yeah I just figured that out. Now my bow does 387+51 fire damage and the mace does 229+51 fire damage

@Khuutra: just fast travel to different cities and visit different blacksmiths until you find one with a piece of fortify smithing equipment because finding them during questing is extremely rare. Also if you want to get something for fortify alchemy you need to go talk to the lady at The Mortar and Pestle in Dawnstar and do a quest for her and then pickpocket or try to buy the ring off of her.

Around the Network

I already have fortify alchemy and I just found fortify smithing equipment.

Now just to wait for those damn Mammoth Camps I found to regenerate, so I can go harvest some Grand Souls. After that I'm going to make some Fortify Smithing equipment and potions, and then I'm going to make an axe that could knock out the Divines.

Khuutra said:

Now just to wait for those damn Mammoth Camps I found to regenerate, so I can go harvest some Grand Souls. After that I'm going to make some Fortify Smithing equipment and potions, and then I'm going to make an axe that could knock out the Divines.

Why don't you just go to the College of Winterhold and buy them? There are 3-4 people that sell 2-3 grand soul gems a piece and they only cost around 1,000 gold.

My first time I abused the game and got all crafting skills to max, maxed out potions and equipment and the game was no fun anymore, not even on Master difficulty.

My second time I now play the game with a bunch of self imposed restrictions, most importantly to not do any crafting. I role-play a female thief who I try to imagine is too impatient to bother with crafting.

Barozi said:
Khuutra said:
Only stat I have really high right now is Smithing (but I'm only level 20 or so). Daedric armor blah blah blah.

What's the best and quickest way to level up my Alchemy? I get the idea for leveling Enchantment, it's just going to take a while.

Haven't done it yet but....
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alchemy

yo_john117 said:
Khuutra said:

Why don't you just go to the College of Winterhold and buy them? There are 3-4 people that sell 2-3 grand soul gems a piece and they only cost around 1,000 gold.

Please do not take any offence but you are just learning people to abuse the game and end up getting much less enjoyment out of it. And sadly Skyrim lends itself to getting abused even easier than Oblivion and Morrowind.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:
Khuutra said:
Only stat I have really high right now is Smithing (but I'm only level 20 or so). Daedric armor blah blah blah.

What's the best and quickest way to level up my Alchemy? I get the idea for leveling Enchantment, it's just going to take a while.

yo_john117 said:
Khuutra said:

Please do not take any offence but you are just learning people to abuse the game and end up getting much less enjoyment out of it. And sadly Skyrim lends itself to getting abused even easier than Oblivion and Morrowind.

You can't "learn" people anything

Anyways it's their choice if they want to do that but I've had an overpowered weapon/armor for a while now and I'm not getting any less enjoyment out of the game because of it. There's nothing more satisfying then absolutely destroying your enemies most of the time with 1 hit.

yo_john117 said:

Anyways it's their choice if they want to do that but I've had an overpowered weapon/armor for a while now and I'm not getting any less enjoyment out of the game because of it. There's nothing more satisfying then absolutely destroying your enemies most of the time with 1 hit.

I think the word you are looking for is "than".  "than absolutely destroying your enemies".  Since we are correcting people. :)

I agree that sneaking up on an enemy and getting that satisfying twang from a 250 dmg bow to see the enemy go flying is a great feeling.

Will post my stats later.

PrimeBigTime said:
yo_john117 said:

I think the word you are looking for is "than".  "than absolutely destroying your enemies".  Since we are correcting people. :)

I agree that sneaking up on an enemy and getting that satisfying twang from a 250 dmg bow to see the enemy go flying is a great feeling.

Will post my stats later.

Heh, I did that reply quick and didn't bother to check it over. I usually get those 2 mixed up but teaching and learning are two completely different things lol.

yo_john117 said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:
Khuutra said:

yo_john117 said:
Khuutra said:

Oops. I always mix up learn and teach. Maybe because I'm a foreigner.

Anyway, I am happy for you that you don't suffer from being overpowered. I thouroughly wish I felt the same.

Slimebeast said:
My first time I abused the game and got all crafting skills to max, maxed out potions and equipment and the game was no fun anymore, not even on Master difficulty.

My second time I now play the game with a bunch of self imposed restrictions, most importantly to not do any crafting. I role-play a female thief who I try to imagine is too impatient to bother with crafting.

Same here maxing more than 1 profession makes the game easy mode even on master.

I redid my Nord Paladin (Warrior + Resto and Alteration magic) and made limits on him.

#1 Dwarven armor is the best armor I'll get

#2 Only 1/5 Jaggernaunt and Wearing All heavy armor bonus so I won't reach armor cap

#3 No Forify Smithing Potions

Master diffuclty is now fun again.

I can't imagine why anyone would wanna max all 3 professions to become a god character with no challenege.