By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo, Sony and EA back off SOPA support

Marks said:
SOPA is a fucking joke. I love how they give it a name like Stop Online Piracy Act so it sounds reasonable to people, but really it just infringes on our rights and is unconstitutional.

QFT

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

This is excellent news. Now we just need more of the other big companies to pull out so they don't completely screw us.

I am disappointed that MS still hasn't withdrawn their support though I guess they already have.

EDIT: I took a look at the list and it appears as if Sony still supports it.

Sony/ATV Music Publishing

Sony Music Entertainment 

Sony Music Nashville

yo_john117 said:

This is excellent news. Now we just need more of the other big companies to pull out so they don't completely screw us.

I am disappointed that MS still hasn't withdrawn their support though I guess they already have.

Sony Music Entertainment 

Sony Music Nashville

Sony music is a different thing than SCE

Yeah a few years ago Sony shed at least most of it's music division to try and become more profitable. And the result was those companies.

alfredofroylan said:
yo_john117 said:

Sony Music Entertainment 

Sony Music Nashville

Ah ok so even though they are called Sony they aren't actually a part of the Sony we know?

Around the Network

Well it doesn't look like the ESA is going to back down from SOPA. So all three console manufacturers and almost every US developer is still indirectly supporting the bill. (Except for Activision/Blizzard I guess for once they will not be the villain, because they are not part of the ESA and I don't think they are a sponsor.)

http://kotaku.com/5872766/the-video-game-industrys-lobbyists-support-sopa-but-they-understand-why-you-might-not

Basically it a long winded screw you from the ESA's spokesman.

don't give those anon bastards credit...they had nothing to do with them backing out

OT: this really doesn't anything though, i'm sure Sony, Nintendo, EA, ect probably still support the bill indirectly, it's just that if this gets passed they can look like they had nothing to do with it.

yo_john117 said:
alfredofroylan said:
yo_john117 said:

Sony Music Entertainment 

Sony Music Nashville

Ah ok so even though they are called Sony they aren't actually a part of the Sony we know?

They're all Sony, just that they operate independently. Just like how Sony Online Entertainment makes separate appearances at E3 than the PlayStation Sony (SCE)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.