By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Dec 24th up

pezus said:
BasilZero said:

Does anyone realize that JD3 is outselling all the big games despite the fact that its been out longer? I mean selling out in weekly sales not in total sales lol.

That is just wrong though ;x.

Just Dance is the epitome of casual gaming by now. It's "the" thing to buy if you're looking for a game during the holidays for Wii.

DC2 deserves more sales than JD3

Yay!!!

Around the Network
pezus said:
mitlar37 said:
pezus said:
mitlar37 said:
pezus said:
mitlar37 said:
pezus said:
No one has mentioned the obviously overtracked pre-orders for the Old Republic? This is almost becoming a "thing".

Overtracked? - vg had preorders for US at less than 1 mill.

Preorders:

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 1 18,715 958,073

Sales:

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
Electronic Arts, RPG
1 967,764 967,764

Do you seriously believe only 10.000 people bought the game without preordering it? And that preorders amounted for 99% of FW sales...

Considering that myself and nearly everyone in my guild bought online(DD) for early game access while we were in beta - yes. This is a pc only online mmo after all.

Even WoW expansions have much lower preorders than first weeks. Arbitrary evidence is not enough.

Wow didn't have early access  - so that makes your point moot. And you're not a pc gamer and don't live in the US. If you buy brick and mortar you pay 8% or more sales tax - you don't online.

Huh? Even if I wasn't a PC gamer, how would that be relevant. I know full well how this works. Not everybody that buys it knew about the earlier access. You're saying that ~1m started playing it the week before its release in the US and only 10k new players during the release week. Don't you realize how crazy that sounds?

Sorry, I have the flu and not thinking straight - you're right.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Seece said:
PS3 in the UK is hilarious.

It doesn't fall at all YoY, always in the 930k - 980k per year range, but never quite hits 1 mill. Looks to happen again this year for the 4th time. That's some amazing stamina yet bad luck at the same time!

X360 will be flat on its peak year in the UK, Wii down 500k yoy.

X360 is now 1,009k behind Wii in the UK.

Sony still has yet to figure out how to play the holidays. But that being said, the PS3 continues to improve every year, but so does the competition. At least the 360. Wii is down year over year and still beat the PS3.