By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forbes take on PSVita launch

Isn't classic japanese buying style: everything day one then pffffff?

Around the Network
Seece said:
Mr.Ashtear said:
Machina said:
Mr.Ashtear said:
Lol @ "the 3DS may sell over 2O million in the next years". Joke article!

Way to misquote to make it fit the point you're trying to make.

"There is no doubt that Nintendo’s 3DS is going to sell at least 20 Million units globally over the next couple of years"

It is the same. He is implying that the 3DS will barely hit that mark in the next couple of years, when the thing is selling at a faster pace than the original DS. That statement is ridiculous. 

"There is no doubt that Nintendo’s 3DS is going to sell at least 20 Million units globally over the next couple of years"

Learn to read.

lol, chill out, you dont need to be rude. I was just paraphrasing what he said, "over the next couple of years", thats a joke statement since the 3DS will be way over the 2O million mark by next christmas. If the writer was aware how good the sales of 3DS are, he wouldnt have wrote what he did. He should correct that "over 2O" with a "over 5O". The point of his article is made out of total ignorance. 

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

I still want a Vita lol, that thing is packed with awesomeness.

nuckles87 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

The pricepoint of $250 wouldn't be so bad if the games and accessories weren't also expensive. Sony needs to realize that they don't have the brandname power to sell high-end, expensive products like Apple does. Seriously, fifty dollar handheld games? FIFTY DOLLAR HANDHELD GAMES? Meanwhile the 3DS has several games on sale and the most popular titles are at $40.

I'm positive that the Vita will improve in sales and we'll look back at this period a couple years later in amusement. But Sony definitely needs a change in their business model.

Yeah, $50 handheld games....so? Uncharted Golden Abyss has better graphics and game play than any $50 CONSOLE game. Being on a handheld doesn't automatically mean it's less worthy as a game.

In Japan the retail price of Uncharted: Golden Abyss is 5,980 yen. The retail price of Uncharted 3 is also 5,980 yen. Which would you rather get?

Sony published PS3 games are usually cheaper than 3rd party games in Japan, why is Uncharted Vita more expensive? Actually, since U3 has been out a short while now you can find it on Amazon JP for 4,148 yen, Uncharted Vita also has a discount, but it is still more expensive at 4,706 yen. A new Vita game more expensive than a new PS3 game?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

MontanaHatchet said:

The pricepoint of $250 wouldn't be so bad if the games and accessories weren't also expensive. Sony needs to realize that they don't have the brandname power to sell high-end, expensive products like Apple does. Seriously, fifty dollar handheld games? FIFTY DOLLAR HANDHELD GAMES? Meanwhile the 3DS has several games on sale and the most popular titles are at $40.

I'm positive that the Vita will improve in sales and we'll look back at this period a couple years later in amusement. But Sony definitely needs a change in their business model.

Uncharted Golden  Abyss is the only game priced at $50.
All the other games are $29.99 or $39.99.

PSN titles go even lower.

Around the Network

"The launch of the Kindle Fire at $200 has changed the US consumer electronics pricing environment."

LOL! There's a reason its priced that way....its a cheap tablet. High-end products demand a high-end price. $250 is is not really that much for that the Vita offers. All Vita needs now is must-have games.

BasilZero said:
smbu2000 said:
nuckles87 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Yeah, $50 handheld games....so? Uncharted Golden Abyss has better graphics and game play than any $50 CONSOLE game. Being on a handheld doesn't automatically mean it's less worthy as a game.

In Japan the retail price of Uncharted: Golden Abyss is 5,980 yen. The retail price of Uncharted 3 is also 5,980 yen. Which would you rather get?

Sony published PS3 games are usually cheaper than 3rd party games in Japan, why is Uncharted Vita more expensive? Actually, since U3 has been out a short while now you can find it on Amazon JP for 4,148 yen, Uncharted Vita also has a discount, but it is still more expensive at 4,706 yen. A new Vita game more expensive than a new PS3 game?

Their selling it for more because of the Sony brand name. Pretty much the same reason as Nintendo selling old titles for the full price still: http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=super+smash+bros+brawl&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&cat=0

I know its stupid.

So Sony is selling a Sony Uncharted Vita game for the same price as a Sony Uncharted PS3 game because of the Sony brand name???

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Ahh Forbes. They really don't know much about the industry

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

VGKing said:
MontanaHatchet said:

But you have to buy the online pass for online play. Which is $10, so to get the same full game as the new retail release on the PStore you have to pay the same price.

Of course I'm okay with that.

BasilZero said:
Tridrakious said:
VGKing said:
MontanaHatchet said:

But you have to buy the online pass for online play. Which is $10, so to get the same full game as the new retail release on the PStore you have to pay the same price.

Of course I'm okay with that.

This is the reason why I wont be playing online lol since most of the games I'll be getting for the PSVita will be single player RPGs

I will be very selective of the games I get on the Vita more than any previous system though.