By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why isn't there an Xbox handheld?

Do you think there should be an xbox handheld device?

Yes 91 30.64%

No 142 47.81%

I couldnt care less, man-bear-pig 64 21.55%

Total:297
DarkDesent666 said:
crissindahouse said:
stfu then....

you have nothing to prove talk out of your ass and that's it. i'm a fanboy? yeah sure i love microsoft so much haha man i will be never a fanboy of a company i think this is one of the most idiotic attitudes to be a fanboy of a company.

and i say this because i hate sony right? that's why i have a last of us signature because i hate games for playstation^^ man they even laugh about the master chief in the corner of my sig why should they laugh about him when i'm a microsoft fan? i would never make this kind of sig then.

Then why are you so ravagely defending them? I can't get any sources on the failrate of zune because I keep getting articles on every zune of a certain model breaking at a specific day.

Whatever you are you are the kind of person that ignored the 360 failrate for a year atleast.

First of you both need to chill.

Secondly you can't say something as a fact unless you back it up with proof. It's as simple as that

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
crissindahouse said:
stfu then....

you have nothing to prove talk out of your ass and that's it. i'm a fanboy? yeah sure i love microsoft so much haha man i will be never a fanboy of a company i think this is one of the most idiotic attitudes to be a fanboy of a company.

and i say this because i hate sony right? that's why i have a last of us signature because i hate games for playstation^^ man they even laugh about the master chief in the corner of my sig why should they laugh about him when i'm a microsoft fan? i would never make this kind of sig then.

Then why are you so ravagely defending them? I can't get any sources on the failrate of zune because I keep getting articles on every zune of a certain model breaking at a specific day.

Whatever you are you are the kind of person that ignored the 360 failrate for a year atleast.

Secondly you can't say something as a fact unless you back it up with proof. It's as simple as that

So I can't say the world is round or the sun is bigger then the earth? Wow this site is riddicules. Do you know hard is it to dig up failraes from years ago?

It would be really cool if Microsoft had a handheld console. But I don't think there would be any compelling software (aside from Halo) that would make people buy it. If MS can expand their studios (and add some 1st party studios), then I think they could go for a handheld. The Xbox brand is only going to become more popular.

DarkDesent666 said:
yo_john117 said:

So I can't say the world is round or the sun is bigger then the earth? Wow this site is riddicules. Do you know hard is it to dig up failraes from years ago?

WTF type of analogy is that? Of course you can say that because those are proven facts. Besides, you're derailing this thread enough with pointless arguments. Take them some place else.

DarkDesent666 said:
yo_john117 said:
DarkDesent666 said:
crissindahouse said:
stfu then....

Those are facts. Saying the Zune and Xbox had higher than normal fail-rates are not facts because no-one actually knows. You just want them to have higher fail-rates to fit your agenda.

Around the Network

Unbelievable...
For every MS thread (PS, Ninty included) we have to have someone come with their stupid agenda and bash & derail off the topic...

If you say yes or no just come with some constructive reasons why (leaving the bias/fanboy nonsense out, although that seems too difficult for some people).... childish...

Maybe they are not going to sell a device, but maybe a "platform". Phones are getting really strong so they maybe make Windows 8mobile, and they could buy some exclusives for they platform just like they did with the xbox before. I think that´s the future for portable gaming devices. Like what Sony is making with their PS certifcate and PS SUITE, but taken even further.

Sony is doing this because I think that deep inside they now portable gaming devices will disappear.  The big problem for Sony is, that the market right now is saturated with Android and IOs, so it is really hard to make a new OS for telephones if you dont have the Billions M$ has.

Devices with one exclusive purpose are fading away. Even the mighty Ipod is useless now because you can do even more things with your Iphone/Android phone.

I wanted to believe the scenario would be different, but looks like the portable gaming future is creepy. Smartphones are everywhere sadly. (I dont have one, and seriously; I dont give a damn about them; I just have a normal cellphone in order to make the calls I need).

I even think that Sony is doing the PS SUITE available for all Android phones, so that the application can become popular enough, with all the great exclusives games they have, so that they can eventually begin to charge for the APP like 10 bucks; or maybe it will just stay for free but will earn lots of money in game sales.   Also by doing that, the prices of the games will be cheaper because of the massive amount of people that will buy them.

If that is the case I will buy a Sony tablet that has connectivity with a PS3 dualshock controller and with a fussion of the PSN of the smarthphones with the PSN of the PS3/VITA. Hopefully Sony will still be making amazing first party games by then.

Both Sony and M$ are thinking about the same future, but are taking different paths because one has LOTS of money and the other doesnt :(.

IMAGINE THE TV ADDS: 

PLAYSTATION SUITE EXCLUSIVE FOR ANDROID SYSTEM

for 9.99

beep

Playstation

Sony (make. believe)

(With some awesome trailers made by Google and Sony in partnership)

So in other words I think that M$ in thinking about how the future of portable gaming will be, just like Sony.    Even if Sony doesnt have a sucess with the Vita, the will have sucess in the next generation because of this; and although Nintendo is having such a sucess in portable gaming, they will crush and burn in the future because of not contemplating the possibilites......unless they release a smartphone lol.

Even now that ONLive is on tablets and phones, people can  Batman, Deus EX, Assassins Creed on the go instead of playing nintendogs!!

yo_john117 said:
Those are facts. Saying the Zune and Xbox had higher than normal fail-rates are not facts because no-one actually knows. You just want them to have higher fail-rates to fit your agenda.

It's true so it is a fact. Just because I didn't save the related articles and store them for years doesn't make them not true.

@Heavenly_King Portables aren't going anywhere. The best games they will ever have is old console/portable games ported and some flash level games that are innovative. That's it. Also saying portables only do one thing is just pure ignorance, even the 3DS ahve netflix ffs. Also most phone games sell less then the average portable game and even the ones that sell a ton don't make as much profit as most games so no we aren't going to see portable level games on phones. There just isn't the budget, tech, enough people with the most up to date phone if they did have the tech and with no buttons you lose nearly all precesion making half the genres unplayble unless you dumb them down significantly.

DarkDesent666 said:
yo_john117 said:

It's true so it is a fact. Just because I didn't save the related articles and store them for years doesn't make them not true.

@Heavenly_King Portables aren't going anywhere. The best games they will ever have is old console/portable games ported and some flash level games that are innovative. That's it. Also saying portables only do one thing is just pure ignorance, even the 3DS ahve netflix ffs. Also most phone games sell less then the average portable game and even the ones that sell a ton don't make as much profit as most games so no we aren't going to see portable level games on phones. There just isn't the budget, tech, enough people with the most up to date phone if they did have the tech and with no buttons you lose nearly all precesion making half the genres unplayble unless you dumb them down significantly.

Ok I can play this game.

The Gamecube and PS2 had bad fail-rates, I mean I can't prove it to you but because I said so means it's a fact.

yo_john117 said:
Ok I can play this game.

The Gamecube and PS2 had bad fail-rates, I mean I can't prove it to you but because I said so means it's a fact.

What do you consider high?