By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's Go Retro!!

Tagged games:

Alright Gamrconnect, we're all going to go Retro.

Do you know what that means?

It means we're all going to play something from the past. I think it's time we all try at least one thing from at least 10 years ago.

So, here are the rules:

• It has to be a game you have never played. (It can be something you have played halfway or thought about playing).
  • Rate the game when you finish it.
  • You must play the game for at least an hour before deciding whether you want to continue.
  • Report back on your experiences on the game you have chosen.

I have chosen Final Fantasy 9 because It is one of Cougarman's favourite RPG games and I decided to give the game a go. I have also decided to Play Zelda: A link to the past because I have played the game before but only managed to get half way through it before losing my save on it.

So what are you all waiting for? Go and get an old game and enjoy the game for its gameplay, not graphics!

Around the Network

Damm almost made it, as I have just finally started playing Championship Manager 5 in depth which is about to become 7 years old, but if I get around to playing one of my many games I'll make sure to reply on here. It might make me break out one of my older systems for this one

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

I choose Chrono Cross since I just found out it is out on the psn and I plan on getting a psn card soon. Might be a while though...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
I choose Chrono Cross since I just found out it is out on the psn and I plan on getting a psn card soon. Might be a while though...

Never heard of Chrono Cross, is it good?

@hackles
Don't know yet, but if Gamespot can be trusted, it is perfect and it is the sequel/spiritual successor to the best game ever, chrono trigger.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:
@hackles
Don't know yet, but if Gamespot can be trusted, it is perfect and it is the sequel/spiritual successor to the best game ever, chrono trigger.

Ahh, I know Chrono Trigger. Might play that as well.

@Hackles
you can't. I called dibs.

homer said:
@Hackles
you can't. I called dibs.

You called dibs on chrono cross. Im going to try chrono trigger.

@Hackles
Ok. Carry on then.

kowenicki said:
2001... retro!? what!?

retro is pre 1990 at least...

or am i just old?

don't answer that!

2001 is the limit. Any later and it's not old.You can play games before like I'm playing a SNES game (ALTTP)