By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War IV Rumors Continue!

Tagged games:

God of War IV Set To Feature Online Co-Op With Kratos & Deimos!!!

Following mounds of speculative rumors regarding the next entry in the God of  War franchise, UK gaming magazine PSM3 has weighed in and reported that God of War IV could possibly feature online multiplayer co-op in the form of a plot-line involving Kratos and brother Deimos attempting to escape from the afterlife. The information was provided in an article pertaining to the hottest PS3 titles of 2012, with PSM3 further hinting that the title is in development, and is coming sooner rather than later.

Rumors regarding the potential development of a God of War sequel surfaced in late-2010, with New Zealand retailer Mighty Ape publishing a placeholder date of September 28, 2012 for the blood-soaked title. Evidence regarding the unannounced title began to pile up with the emergence of a job listing by Sony Santa Monica, seeking a “Senior Staff Concept Artist” for a project called “God of War”.

PSM3 previously rumored the existence of God of War IV in mid-2011, with anonymous sources close to the respected publication confirming the forthcoming title, in addition to hinting at online multilplayer and a 2012 release date. As usual, take these rumors with a pinch of salt until further confirmation is provided. Check out the full details below, or in the January 2012 edition of PSM3.

“Why is it hot? It’s bringing double kratos to the series. GOW 4 was confirmed to PSM3 mid-2011 by a reliable source, and rumours point to a multiplayer twist. Mad idea? Online co-op with a (possibly) dead Kratos and (very) dead brother Deimos teaming up to escape the afterlife.”

AAAAAHHHHH!

Around the Network

Kratos being introduced to the aftermath of his actions in III would be interesting to see.

Not to be funny, but surely if this were real it and coming out in Sept 2012....it would have been announced by now...no? I was thinking maybe at E3 2011...VGAs...? Considering this is Sony and how they love to announce things years in advance...maybe it's just me.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Santa monica being Sony's loving developer, hell even more beloved than Naughty Dog (close second though xD) : I think they are being granted some extra time. As if instead of doing what they did with UC3 by having ND make a trailer and bam set out a release date, they are giving Santa Monica some more free time to actually work with God of War as a franchise. It's quite well established and well with 3 ending the way it did, I think SSM needs time to figure out where they want to go. Sony does not want to pressure them and neither does SSM.

ND is probably next up in this. They've established UC so damn well that I wouldn't be shocked if ND got more freedom in the future. Just check out The last of us not having a release date. ND has not missed a single release date and that's an impressive feat in of itself.

I think Sony wants the rumors to go out and perhaps officially announce it during some media thing and create buzz. GoW along with GT and UC is the perfect franchise for that and right now: Its in a situation where people are asking: Norse mythology? Egyptian? Same mythology? Is it Kratos then? How the hell? WHATS GONNA HAPPEN.

They can toy with us!

Hope this comes out in 2012. It has a chance of outselling God of War 3 then.

Around the Network

who is Diemos?

Xxain said:
who is Diemos?

Go buy Ghost of Sparta for the PS3 and play it. Hiiighly recommended!

Xxain said:
who is Diemos?

Kratos´ ( dead?) brother.

Ajescent said:
Not to be funny, but surely if this were real it and coming out in Sept 2012....it would have been announced by now...no? I was thinking maybe at E3 2011...VGAs...? Considering this is Sony and how they love to announce things years in advance...maybe it's just me.

think about that AJ! hype(rumors) without the announcement is the best way to spring it on the suspecting consumer.well us anyway. 2012 VGA is the best time to announce GOW4.   

ruimartiniman said:
Xxain said:
who is Diemos?

Kratos´ ( dead?) brother.

oh ok.. so he does xxist? I thought they just made somebody up just to have co-op